The Westville Foodland made a $915 donation to the Westville Cenotaph Restoration Project on Thursday. Vincent Joyce, the chairman of the project, said that the cenotaph was completed in 1921, but hadn’t been touched until this year.
The $915 was raised over the last month and a half through change cans in the store and a Canada Day barbecue. From left: Robert Ball (store manager), Willena MacDonald, Joyce (project chairman), Lillian Worthen, Barb Casey and Andrew Gouthro (grocery manager).
The Festival of the Tartans Highland Dance Competition was held on Saturday, July 19, with many Pictou County dancers participating. The judge was Jane Dunnett of New Brunswick.
Primary 4 & 5 – Avery Jane Chabassol: Pas de Basque 2nd, Pas de Basque & High Cuts 1st.
– Megan MacLeod: Pas de Basque 4th, Pas de Basque & High Cuts 2nd.
Beginner 7 & Under – Cassie Moser: Sword 3rd.
Beginner 8 – Alyssa Ells: Fling 2nd.
Novice 9 – Alexandria Will: Sean Truibhas 5th, Flora 5th.
Intermediate 9 & Under – Katey Aucoin: Barracks 2nd, Laddie 5th, Scottish Lilt 5th, Flora 3rd.
Premier 10 & Under – Annika Murray: Blue Bonnets 1st, Village Maid 2nd, Earl of Erroll 4th, Irish Jig 3rd.
Amelia Parker: Earl of Errol 2nd.
Premier 11 & 12 – Nicole Robinson: Blue Bonnets 3rd, Village Maid 4th, Irish Jig 4th.
– Ainslee Salter: Village Maid 2nd, Earl of Errol 4th, Irish Jig 2nd.
– Alaina Bryce: Blue Bonnets 5th, Village Maid 5th, Irish Jig 5th.
Premier 13 & 14 – Madison Baillie: Earl of Errol 5th.
– Emma Hines: Blue Bonnets 4th, Village Maid 3rd, Earl of Errol 4th, Irish Jig 3rd.
Premier 15 & Over – Christina Chudley: Blue Bonnets 6th.
– Gwendolyn Henderson: Blue Bonnets 2nd, Village Maid 4th, Earl of Errol 1st, Irish Jig 1st.