PICTOU LANDING – The RCMP Underwater Recovery Team will be back in the Pictou Landing area today, says New Glasgow Police Const. Ken MacDonald.
Police have been searching for missing 19-year-old, Amber Kirwan, who disappeared on Oct. 9th.
No ground search and rescue is anticipated today, he added.
The divers have been on the scene for most of the week.
- Read more special articles:
- Police request public assistance identifying individuals in Kirwan investigation
- Students mount clothing sale for Amber Kirwan Memorial Fund
- Police continue homicide investigations
- Police find evidence in another vehicle related to Kirwan murder
“The reason for it is that this is one of the areas we’re searching as part of the investigation,” MacDonald said. “This area involves water and, because ground search doesn’t go into waterways and there are waterways, tributaries and streams in the area, we have to get the RCMP dive team in.”