Puppies found in Stellarton with throats slashed

Staff ~ The News

Labrador/German Shepherd mix expected to survive

Injured dogs

STELLARTON – Two seven-week-old Labrador/German Shepherd mix puppies were found with their throats slashed near the old Westray railway bridge in Stellarton.

The pups were both rushed to the New Glasgow Vet Clinic where they were treated and are expected to recover.

In a release, police stated a woman driving along the road noticed the two pups near the old bridge. One pup had its throat torn open and was covered in blood. A second pup had strayed from the area but was also cut in the neck.

Police are seeking the public's help in identifying the owners of the dogs.

Geographic location: Stellarton, Westray railway

Comments

Comments

• person who loves the pups
    November 22, 2011 - 07:36

the puppies ... loco and chance are doing wonderful .. they are being completely loved and nothing is going to happen to them ever again .. thank you to everyone .. including the vets who took such good care of them ..!! we love them dearly .

• Hunter MacPherson
    November 18, 2011 - 08:42

Have the person(s) that have done this...I would love to know how the puppies are doing now. I know they went into immediate adoption (which is WONDERFUL) but this is the kind of story that you would like to know how they are doing...I wish the new owner could share something like this on FB or something. They are beautiful dogs....so cute.

• animal lover
      November 22, 2011 - 08:11

the puppies are doing great and so luv where they are living,to protect them from harm their place of resident is private but look around u may see them walking they are so loved

• Nikki
    November 08, 2011 - 12:16

I hope this person has the same thing done to them in prison is they did to these poor babies, that would be the only REAL justice.

• Nancy
    November 08, 2011 - 10:02

There is a special place in Hell for people who are cruel to animals, and anyonre that would abuse an animal would also hurt a child, I hope they find who did this, there should be dire consequences for this kind of evil!!

• Patrick Cormier
    November 05, 2011 - 17:43

Hope they find these culprits and put them away for a long time, poor defenselless puppies.

• Lynn Hussey
    November 05, 2011 - 11:26

What kind of a tormented monster could do this?! My biggest fear is that he/she will move onto people. How many other animals have they tortured without being caught? This is REALLY upsetting. This person is mentally disturbed and I hope and pray is caught before he/she strikes again.

• Amanda
    November 05, 2011 - 00:13

This is absolutely sickening!! There are pleanty of people that would have taken these pups!!

• Disgusted
    November 04, 2011 - 23:39

This is shocking and very very sad.

• Patty Lloyd
    November 04, 2011 - 22:00

How could someone so this to a small animal who cannot defend itself. The person or persons should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law... Are they somewhere, or up for adoption?

• Lewis'Luke
    November 04, 2011 - 21:57

I swear to god !!!! what is wrong with the world??? Anyone take the time to do such inhumane things to an animal that brings nothing but JOY to lives, has to be tooooo evil to be part of this world... hope these beautiful animals get adopted .. i have 2 dogs now but if i had to i would luv to take on another one .... hope all works out for these puppies.

• Patty Lloyd
    November 04, 2011 - 21:57

I cannot beleive someone would do a thing like that to these sweet animals. Are they up for adoption, and where are they at????

• ChristineL
    November 04, 2011 - 21:42

that is just horrible, poor little puppies ! who would do such a thing to a helpless animal :(

• Greg Loftus
    November 04, 2011 - 20:45

Lets hope they find him and do the right thing

• Kathy
    November 04, 2011 - 20:20

This makes me SICK!! Sorry but this is as courteous as I can be.

• EH
    November 04, 2011 - 20:15

How could anyone do that to two helpless little babies. Please, who do I contact to adopt???

• Mike
    November 04, 2011 - 20:02

A cowardly act, by cowardly hands.

• Lou
    November 04, 2011 - 19:35

i know these dogs well not me but my sister she saved one which is living with me... i cant belieave they would do such a thing the girl we have is so smart and well behaved,, aside from teething but its a puppy!

• Pamela
    November 04, 2011 - 18:44

those puppies are so cute! how does anyone just pick up a puppy and slit it throat? devil people, that's who. no heart and no shame!

• Howard Cameron
    November 04, 2011 - 18:38

If you need help with these pups , a safe place to heal , grow and be loved , just ask . 922-2269 anytime.

• julia
    November 04, 2011 - 18:12

It is time to change the laws to protect the animals .There are alot of sick people out there and this is unacceptable.The punishments must be more severe if this was a child there would be hell to pay. It is no different for a animal.

• Nicole
    November 04, 2011 - 18:02

You Coward!!! How do you go to sleep at night? I hope you are found and put to shame!!! I hope the puppies recover and find someone to love them after this tragic ordeal they have been through!

• Mary snow
    November 04, 2011 - 17:33

My god whats this world becoming better yet what are people doing this is 2011 no need to do this to babies ..there is always someone out there that would take a puppy purebred or mixed..the person that did this should be thrown in jail not fined our animal laws has to be taken seriously with jail time, never being able to own a pet of any sorts ever if they do then back to jail..people just piss me off. Glad thier doing well.

• John
    November 04, 2011 - 17:08

I certainly hope they find whatever sick loser did this and charge them fully. This county is becoming more and more disgusting every month.

• A Travis
    November 04, 2011 - 17:01

This is terrible!!! If people don't want their dogs to have puppies then SPAY THEM!!! There are places like the SPAC, or other organizations that will accept unwanted dogs and puppies and find a new home for them! Just about every breed has a rescue organization, I'm a volunteer foster parent for Lab Rescue, and I know if the "owner" had bothered to look or ask our organization would have taken the dogs and found them loving homes! There is absolutely no need for this kind of brutality just because you decided you didn't want your pet any more, or didn't want it's puppies!

• concernedpictoucountygirl
    November 04, 2011 - 16:56

OMG! i cannot beleive this has happened in our own town! do the puppies have anyone fostering them after they are able to leave the vet? or adoption????

• ECampbell
    November 04, 2011 - 16:54

I have lost my faith in humanity with all the incidents of late.

• Michelle
    November 04, 2011 - 16:52

OMG what is wrong with people??!!!!! :( I hope they find whoever is responsible.

• Bob M.
    November 04, 2011 - 16:47

To say that the person who did this is sick, would be an understatement. The punishment I would suggest wouldn't be allowed to be printed in this paper. I hope those who know come forward.

• Horrified
    November 04, 2011 - 16:32

This just makes me ill to think that there are actually people amongst us that are this cruel....thank heavens for the lady driving by to notice these 2 darlings along the roadside, they sure had an angel on their side today (I pray the person or persons responsible are caught and charged to the fullest extent of cruelty to animals)to the news, please keep us posted to the recovery of these little pups and their hopeful adoption to a warm/loving home!

• Bernie
    November 04, 2011 - 16:17

What sick person would do these little defenseless creatures such harm. Those responsible should be dealt with severely when caught!!!