Amber's family responds

Amber Kirwan's parents FILE PHOTO

UPDATE 5:40  STATEMENT FROM THE FAMILY OF AMBER KIRWAN

It is with overwhelming sadness and grief that our worst fears were realized yesterday. Our beloved Amber will not be coming home to us. Words cannot express the sorrow and sense of loss we feel.

Amber was an amazing daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece, cousin, girlfriend and friend.

We cannot imagine life without her. She was so young and it breaks our hearts to think of all of the good things in life she will not get to experience.

Her time with us was so special. To have it taken away so needlessly is something we will never get over.

She was our special girl and we would do anything to bring her back.

We would like to thank the people of New Glasgow, Pictou County and beyond, who have supported us during this tragedy. We would also like to thank the police services, search and rescue groups, businesses and s many others who worked so diligently to locate Amber.

The Kirwan Family

Organizations: RCMP

Geographic location: Heathbell Road

Comments

Comments

• jack
    November 19, 2011 - 20:47

i dont know amber either but R.I.P. AMBER SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS KIRWAN FAMILY.

• Rora Griffin
    November 14, 2011 - 12:24

I didn't know Amber, but I would like to just say Rest In Peace, Amber. i don't know what kind of sicko would do this to you. I hope you're in a better place now.

• pinky
    November 09, 2011 - 14:52

my heart goes out to ambers family. she was so young and did not see the world change as she grew love feltmate family

• Nora Koury
    November 09, 2011 - 02:16

Cousin Donnie and Marj, your courage and love for Amber are overwhelming. I feel your sadness and pray for peace for everyone there. Nora Koury (nee Kirwan), Duncan, Vancouver Island PS. Wilie and Leo will look out for her now.

• Jeannie Piovesan
    November 09, 2011 - 00:09

My Heart Felt Condolences To Amber s' Parents, her Brother, boyfriend,friends & extended family. I hope that you can find the strength to get through this very difficult time. R.I.P. Amber .

• Jessica Burgess
    November 08, 2011 - 15:30

I do not know Amber or her family, but my thoughts and prayers are with them all at this awful time, I hope they find the people whom have done this tragic thing to such a beautiful young woman, they will be found and justice will be served, nobody deserves this is life! RIP Amber you'll never EVER be forgotten by anyone anywhere. may you be rest at peace, and to Amber's family again i'm so sorry to hear about this tragic incident. Take care!

• Peter Arsenault
    November 08, 2011 - 13:31

My deepest condolence....go to the Kirwan family in this sad time......she is with angels now....

• Barbara Flynn
    November 08, 2011 - 00:17

Our deepest sympathy to Amber's family, boyfriend and friends. May Amber rest in peace. God bless everyone. The Flynns, Riverview, N.B.

• Angela O'Connell
    November 07, 2011 - 17:29

A Child Loaned: (Rest in Peace Amber Kirwan) "I'll lend you for a little time A child of Mine." He said. "For you to love while she lives And mourn for when she's dead. ... It may be six or seven year Or twenty-two or three But will you, till I call her back Take care of her for Me? She'll bring her charms to gladden you And should her stay be brief, You'll have her lovely memories As solace for your grief. I cannot promise she will stay Since all from Earth return, But there are lessons taught down there I want the child to learn. I've looked this wide world over In my search for teacher's true, And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes, I have selected you; Now will you give her all your love, Nor think the labour vain Nor hate Me when I come to call And take her back again? I fancied that I heard them say, "Dear Lord, Thy will be done, For all the joy Thy child shall bring, For the risk of grief we'll run. We'll shelter her with tenderness, We'll love her while we may, And for the happiness we've known, Forever grateful stay. But should the angels call for her Much sooner than we planned, We'll brave the bitter grief that comes And try to understand." Anonymous

• Juliette Pemberton
    November 07, 2011 - 16:11

Extending our deepest heartfelt condolences to the family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you as they have been all along; and now in the time you draw close to your family, our hearts and thoughts are with you.

• Michelle Bedard
    November 07, 2011 - 14:28

My deepest sympathies for your loss. My heart goes out to Amber's family and friends and to a community that has pulled together for this angel. She managed to bring not only a community together but a province and a country that hoped and prayed everyday for her.. I hope the family draws from this love to help them heal. I never met her but she touched heart.

• Janice Raynard
    November 07, 2011 - 13:17

May God bless and help the loved ones left behind. I can't possibly imagine the pain you must be going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

• Fran Reynolds, Kingston, Ontario
    November 07, 2011 - 11:03

Sincere condolances to the family and friends. How shocking for such a brutal tragedy to happen in my home town. Thinking of you, may you find peace.

• Peggy Beazley
    November 07, 2011 - 09:06

My heart aches for the Kirwan Family. Like so many, I am horrified by this senseless tragedy. I wept for Amber like she was my own and will continue to keep your family in my thoughts and prayers in the days to come.

• BC
    November 07, 2011 - 08:48

Deepest sympathy to the Kirwan family; your sorrow and loss are immeasurable and our community shares your pain. RIP Amber : "Age shall not weary her, nor the years condemn; At the going down of the sun and in the morning we shall remember her........"

• The McLellan Family
    November 07, 2011 - 08:09

I really cannot understand why things like this happen. And I know there is no words to help you right now, however I do know that good always comes out on top. I dont know your family feels, but I do know that if it was my child, I would need my family, friends, and faith. Keep strong and love each other as much as you can. Take care of each other and know that you will keep moving forward. Our love, prayers and strength are sent to you. The McLellan Family Riverview NB

• Barb-ken
    November 07, 2011 - 07:53

so very for your loss,prayed daily for a different outcome,may your precious memories comfort you

• Flo
    November 07, 2011 - 07:44

My heart pains for the Kerwin family in the needless loss of their beautiful and precious daughter. The police services and all those involved re. the search are to be commended for their deligence and dedication in locating Amber . I have faith in our local police forces and am certain they will be as dedicated in finding the person / persons who took Amber away from her family and friends Thoughts and prayers are with her family.

• april
    November 07, 2011 - 06:41

Thoughts n prayers r being sent to family, friends ,n to the community of New Glasgow. What a senseless tragedy, I have no other words but to pray they arrest the the perpetrator n may it rest in hell. Gods speed.

• VIRGINIA
    November 07, 2011 - 06:36

God grant you strength and hold you up at this most heartbreaking time,

• Donald Chisholm
    November 07, 2011 - 06:19

As I sat glued to the news and my computer hoping and praying for a very different ending to this tragic story, I want to extend my thoughts and prayers to the Kirwan family from my family to yours, We shall never forget her and pray that those responsible will be found and punished for this terrible crime , May you find comfort in knowing that many here are trying share the grief and loss you all feel . I can only imagine the the pain you feel but she will always be Pictou County's angel Rest in Peace little one you are safe now.

• Debbie and Dennis White
    November 07, 2011 - 04:46

Our deepest sympathy to Ambers family and friends. May you find the strength that you will need in the coming days. It is my hope like all of us in the community that justice will be served . God bless you all

• Teresa Whidden
    November 07, 2011 - 03:59

MY DEEPEST HEART AND PRAYERS GOES OUT TO YOUR FAMILY FRIENDS--SUCH A BEAUTIFUL GIRL--ONE MORE BEAUTIFUL ANGEL LOOKING DOWN ON US--RIP AMBER

• Joanne Reddick
    November 07, 2011 - 03:35

MY heart and prayers are going out the Amber's parents,brother,extended family and freinds. Amber has become Pictou County's Angel. May she R.I.P. May GOD give her family,friends and the county strength to get through the tough road ahead in the grieving process. R.I.P. baby girl!!!!!!!!!!!

• Deb Kerr
    November 07, 2011 - 02:10

Words cannot convey the sadness I feel for your family.To lose such a precious life under any circumstance is absolutely terrible,but to lose one with so many questions unanswered must be unbearable.I pray that her parents,her family and her friends will find peace someday and that they will have the answers they need to attempt to understand this unspeakable crime.You are All in my thoughts and prayers.May the good Lord help you and find comfort in the love of family and friends.God Bless.

• Debby Sterling
    November 07, 2011 - 00:27

A truly sad ending to a vibrant young life. God Bless you and keep you Amber and may you find peace. My condolences to the Kirwan Family. May you find the strength you need to continue throughout the days ahead.

• Stella & Russell Doiron. Amherst N. S.
    November 06, 2011 - 22:38

.such a sad time in every ones life,,,,prayers & thoughts go out to all the family. R. I. P. AMBER.

• R, N, & KIDS
    November 06, 2011 - 22:28

Love, like loss, cannot be expressed in words. It can only be felt. Our sincerest condolences to the family of Amber Kirwan. Amber we did not know you or your family. I have followed your case every day in hopes of good news that, unfortunately because of a lowlife murderer, has ended in a terrible tragedy and great sadness. Nobody can hurt you now. May justice be brought swiftly and the person responsible CAUGHT NOW for taking this beautiful creature who only had a small taste of life taken away from her family FAR TOO SOON. Rest in peace, Angel.

• Gayle
    November 06, 2011 - 22:07

This is so tragic and unspeakably sad. A reflection on the morals and social issues that have become part of even very small towns in Nova Scotia. Gone are the innocent times we all grew up with, and now Amber has paid the ultimate sacrifice. How we all wanted this to end well, and how we all now share in the grief and horror the family, neighbours,and friends must bear. I know the police will not stop until this crime is solved.

• jon jon and kim london ontario
    November 06, 2011 - 21:54

thoughts and prayers be with you.

• Kara
    November 06, 2011 - 21:45

May you find comfort in each other, and in knowing that a community mourns with you.

• Jerry from PEI
    November 06, 2011 - 21:32

Very sorry to hear the bad news. My families condolences goes out to Amber's family. Hope this all gets sorted out very soon and the person or persons responsible for it are held accountable for it .... RIP Amber from all over in PEI

• Wanda Parker
    November 06, 2011 - 21:22

My condolences to the Kirwan family. I can not imagine the pain you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Rest In Peace Amber.

• Densmore Family
    November 06, 2011 - 20:58

Our hearts are broken for Ambers Family & Friends, RIP Beautiful Amber...

• J WILKIE
    November 06, 2011 - 20:50

May god bless and give strenth to Kirwan family and freinds in this time of greif.

• Marie
    November 06, 2011 - 20:36

There are no words to express the shock. May you rest in peace little one, the Lord now holds you in the palm of His hand. My deepest sympathies to family and friends.

• J&S
    November 06, 2011 - 20:21

We send out heart felt condolences to Amber's Family and friends. Too tragic for words. We followed this thing from the start watching the videos and wanting so much for this to be resolved with a better result for Amber. When things like this happen we want answers, answers from God. I say, talk to him and tell him you want answers! Tell him you want this person/persons that did this horrible thing to be caught. Much love and prayers. hugs

• Don Smith
    November 06, 2011 - 20:17

I have never seen a little girl touch so many people. The whole community feels for you and the whole family. RIP Amber

• Daniel MacNeill
    November 06, 2011 - 20:11

I am so sorry for your loss! You and your family will remain in my prayers Always! May you all find some level of peace as time goes on! God Bless you all! Rest in Peace Amber!

• Lisa Campagna
    November 06, 2011 - 20:01

I am deeply saddened by this outcome!! You have touched the lives of so many people. My thoughts & prayers are with the Kirwin family & all those who knew & loved her at this very sad & difficult time.

• Dolores Fineberg
    November 06, 2011 - 19:59

My heart goes out to Amber's family and friends .As a parent., I cannot begin to imagine what you are feeling today. Know that people far and wide truly cared, while hoping for a positive outcome. We walk beside you in these sad days ahead. Hold close to the warm memories of your beautiful daughter.

• Human Being
    November 06, 2011 - 19:57

JUSTICE MUST BE SERVED !!!!

• BudM
    November 06, 2011 - 19:54

May God Bless the entire Kirwan family during this tragic time.

• cathy scott
    November 06, 2011 - 19:46

My deepest condolences to the Kirwin family...i never met Amber however i feel as though i knew her. she was a beautiful girl and will be missed by many people. R.I.P. Amber . You are now a beautiful angel!

• Eisan Family
    November 06, 2011 - 19:45

To the Kirwan, We are so very sorry for great loss! May your daughter (Amber) R.I.P

• jenn
    November 06, 2011 - 19:44

so very sorry to hear of your loss....such a tragic event...my thoughts are with amber, her parents,brother,family and friends. support, love,care, and empathy will always be here for you all through this extremely difficult time from pictou county and neighboring communities.

• Crystal Taylor-Beals
    November 06, 2011 - 19:42

RIP in Angel. Such a tragic ending for a beautiful young lady. You have brought Nova Scotia much closer since you went missing. Nova Scotia residents are now in mourning because we lost you. Deepest sympathy and compassion goes out to your family and friends. Your Mom and Dad lost a piece of their heart when they lost you,to lose a child especially under these conditions would be the hardest ever for a family to endure. Rest in Peace my Dear.

• dawson
    November 06, 2011 - 19:41

very sorry for your loss i hepled make ribons ann put up fliers to try to get her home safe

• RHONDA
    November 06, 2011 - 19:39

My heartfelt prayers are with your family at this very difficult time. There is a shining new star in the heavens lighting your way through this.Sleep in heavenly peace Amber, sleep among the stars and know God will take care of you and give you eternal peace.You will be an angel walking among us...protecting others...spreading Love...making this world a better place because you were here. God bless you.

• MW
    November 06, 2011 - 19:29

There are no right words for such a loss. My heart goes out to the Kirwan family and I pray that God gives you comfort and strength in the many days, weeks, months and years ahead. Amber is now an angel and she will stand by your side for all your days. I pray that one day you find peace. God bless. Rest in peace beautiful girl.

• lorne and christine
    November 06, 2011 - 19:28

with our deepest sympathy to the Kirwin family with their loss as I am sure it will be felt by all involved.

• Glenn and Kelly Bethune
    November 06, 2011 - 19:28

We have never met this beautiful young woman, yet we have thought about her everyday. Mom, Dad and Liam, we wanted you to know how much you are thought of today.

• nerie allen
    November 06, 2011 - 19:13

R.i.P little angel the search is over...heaven has found you...praying your family finds comfort in knowing other people are over whelmed with saddness..xo

• Rita Martin
      November 06, 2011 - 19:47

my thoughts and prayers are with the kirwan family, she will always be in our hearts always , R.I.P. little angel xo

• Becca Newell
      November 06, 2011 - 19:47

rip angel ..... praying for the kirwan family so sorry for your loss

• Eileen MacKenzie
      November 06, 2011 - 20:03

My heart and thoughts go out to The Kirwin family and friends.

• Maureen Miller
    November 06, 2011 - 19:08

As a parent who has lost a child, I know how you feel. We always believe that the child buries the parent but that isn't always so. It is the hardest thing you will ever have to do. Having faith and beautiful memories of times with your child helps get you through the hard times. Occasions are the hardest, you know an important someone is missing but you soon realize they are there in spirit. I prayed for strength to get through every day. You will get through this if you take it a day at a time. You have a long road ahead of you with finding the person/persons responsible for this horrible tragedy and then finding out why they did this and what Amber went through. Remember though, she is in God's hands now and no one can hurt her. I pray that you get through this and that Amber Rests In Peace knowing how much she was loved.

• Marjorie Fraser
    November 06, 2011 - 19:00

There are no words to describe how our hearts are aching for your family today. We had all prayed for a different outcome. Please know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers now and always. God bless Amber and the Kirwan family.

• A former NS resident
    November 06, 2011 - 18:58

My thoughts and prayers are with the Kirwan family. My deepest sympathy to you all.

• Kelly Tobin
    November 06, 2011 - 18:56

My sincere sympathy and prayers go out to the Kirwan Family.May God guide you through this difficult time.Rest in Peace Angel Amber

• Vicki and Kevin Ives
    November 06, 2011 - 18:52

We didn't know Amber but your story touched our hearts.there wasn't a day that went by that we didnt watch the news or go online for some kind of glimmer of hope that they would find amber,when we heard the news this morning it was just like i lost one of my own children.no one can hurt you now you sweet angel girl,you'll be forever in our hearts.our thoughts and prayers go out to the kirwan family at this difficult time,forever in our thoughts and hearts,the ives family,milford nova scotia

• The Bruces from PEI
    November 06, 2011 - 18:51

Our heartfelt condolences to the family. Our hopes were that your daughter would be found safe. As parents we can not imagine your heartbreak. Praying for justice for Amber.

• Richard & Catherine Kellock
    November 06, 2011 - 18:48

We would like to extend our condolences also to the Kirwin Family on their sad loss ,without a doubt,She will be remembered Country wide,RIP

• Janice
    November 06, 2011 - 18:38

"And He will lift you up on eagle's wings, Bear you on the breath of dawn, Make you to shine like the sun And hold you in the palm of His hand." Praying for strength for the Kirwan family as they begin the long journey of healing.

• Erma Fraser
    November 06, 2011 - 18:38

My deepest sympathy from Clearwater Florida goes out to the family, such a beautiful girl, and such a beautiful angel.

• Bob A
    November 06, 2011 - 18:24

R.I.P

• gladys
    November 06, 2011 - 18:14

This is so sad.I do not know this family but i sure do feel for them. R.I.P. BEAUTIFUL GIRL. You are one of gods angels.

• Christine from Truro
    November 06, 2011 - 18:09

Deepest condolences to the entire Kirwan family. Also to the countless volunteers in all capacities.

• sue mackenzie
    November 06, 2011 - 18:05

To Ambers Famiy,Friends And Loved Ones....there are alot of sad people here in summerside,p.e.i. as i am sure there are in many other places......we didn;t know amber or her family but her story has touched many of us......i as well as many of my family members and friends would like to offer you and your family our deepest sympathy....may god be with you all in these sad times ahead.... sincerely sue thomas (mackenzie)

• Leona Tracey
    November 06, 2011 - 18:02

My heart aches for Amber's family & friends. Rest In Peace Beautiful Lady. My thoughts & prayers are with you all at this very sad time.

• Donald and Susan
    November 06, 2011 - 17:58

Our prayers goes out to the Kirwan family and friends,,God Bless you all

• Kathy Mason
    November 06, 2011 - 17:53

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Kirwan Family. Also to Amber's friends. Amber had become everyone's daughter since Oct 9th... It's amazing how communities near and far supported the search, put up posters etc. RIP dear angel Amber.. Hugs to your Mom, Dad and Brother... God bless. I hope they find the person or persons responsible for this senseless crime.

• JOAN IORIO
      November 06, 2011 - 23:22

I did not know Amber ,but have been following this tragic story from updates from a good friend in your area. A lot of people here in Ontario have been watching and praying she would come home safely. My deepest condolences to mom and dad and her brother. May God guide you through the difficult times ahead.

• P
    November 06, 2011 - 17:37

Words can not express how saddened we all were to hear this news. Our thoughts and prayers are with Amber's family and friends. She may not be here in body, but she will ALWAYS be with you in your heart, and never forgotten. They say time heals, but I know a pain like this will never leave. Just take comfort in the fact no one can hurt her now and she is by your side always. I found a penny today lying on the ground. But it's not just a penny, this little coin I've found. Found pennies come from heaven, that's what my Grandpa told me. He said Angels toss them down. Oh, how I loved that story. He said when an Angel misses you, they toss a penny down; Sometimes just to cheer you up, to make a smile out of your frown. So, don't pass by that penny when you're feeling blue. It may be a penny from heaven that an Angel's tossed to you. ~Unknown~

• Lynn
      November 06, 2011 - 20:54

Today There were pennies everywhere...in my car, the ground and even in my pockets! Theeere was a mouldy green one on the floor in my car! God Bless you Amber, you are a "Nurse Angel"

• marina
      November 07, 2011 - 06:38

I loved the comment about the pennies and that angels toss them down to loved ones . This might be a way to keep aweness up Amber and other missing children and collect pennies for the cause. Just a thought. Our prayers are with the Kirwan family and friends. Amber has made soo many people come together and be one huge family and shows how as a community how strong we are. She will not be forgotten.

• Helen
    November 06, 2011 - 17:34

I cried for you as if you were my own family.... My condolences to Amber's family and friends. I am so sorry for your loss. Rest In Peace sweet girl.

• Karin
    November 06, 2011 - 17:32

Rest in Peace now sweet Amber, stolen from this earth far to soon. Heaven must of needed their angel back. Thoughts go out to the Kirwan family and friends.

• Judy
    November 06, 2011 - 17:32

I was hoping for better news like so many on here. It breaks my heart to think of the grief that so many are feeling right now. Hopefully justice will be served. My deepest condolences to all of the family and friends at this time. RIP Amber.

• Dwight M
    November 06, 2011 - 17:27

As a previous resident of New Glasgow my thoughts and sincere condolences goes out to the Kirwan family.

• Helen from BERMUDA
    November 06, 2011 - 17:27

May God fill your broken hearts with His love and peace during this horrific time. Our prayers are with you all.

• Sylvia Hawboldt
    November 06, 2011 - 17:24

God Bless the Kerwin family and keep them strong for what they still have to go through,i cant imagine,,,i hope they bring justice to whoever did this crime ,and give them what they deserve

• janet
    November 06, 2011 - 17:18

RIP AMBER You became Pictou Countys Angel and will always be in our thoughts. God Bless you and you Family to your Parents and Brother we will be thinking about you always.

• Cherie
    November 06, 2011 - 17:13

Thoughts & Prayers go out to the family and friends of Amber. May justice be brought to who ever did this. Very sorry for your loss may she rest in peace .

• The Boudreau's
    November 06, 2011 - 17:11

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Kirwan family at your time of loss....RIP Amber.

• charlene
      November 06, 2011 - 19:23

I'm at a loss for words and heavy heart ...what the Kirwan family are going through..may you find some peace and strength to get through this....your beautiful angel Amber R.I.P xo

• Arnold
    November 06, 2011 - 17:11

There are no words.....no words, to express my shock and sorrow at this unspeakable tragedy. Deepest sympathy to those left behind

• Arnold
    November 06, 2011 - 17:09

• theresa
    November 06, 2011 - 17:00

Pictou County lost an Angel today, she will now be watching over us.

• LindaPEI
    November 06, 2011 - 16:58

I am so sorry for your loss. Very very sad news indeed. A whole country is grieving your loss .. My heart breaks for you, Ambers Mom and Dad and Mason .. All of her friends, schoolmates, co-workers .. .. your community .. We are with you in spirit. Again .. so sorry for your loss. Rest in Peace Amber

• Debbie
    November 06, 2011 - 16:58

Amber Kiwan has touched the lives of the country and she will never be forgotton. Although I have never met her or known her I think we can all say that we have thought of this girl everyday for the past month and prayed for her and her famlly. the love and support that has been shown this past month by so many good people can out weigh the evil that we know is also present. May justice be served and God's love comfort the family and the county at this time.

• Pat
    November 06, 2011 - 16:48

It was a good night until I checked Facebook to hear this tragic news. After reading this, I have cried for you, Amber. So many will cry for you Amber. You are our daughter. We grieve for you. We love you, Amber...

• Kathy Kenny
    November 06, 2011 - 16:46

I Can't begin to imagine the pain the Kirwan family is going through right now. Amber really has become Pictou County's daughter , R.I.P beautiful girl ,praying for your parents & little brother

• Clare from Scotsburn
    November 06, 2011 - 16:36

My prayers and thoughts go out to the Kirwan family. May god give you strengh to live for her! Do the things you know she wanted to do! I will be giving my kids extra hugs and kisses!

• martha luedee
    November 06, 2011 - 16:34

My prayer goes out to the Kirwam family and friends.We are all thinking about you R.I.P

• Mary Gillis
    November 06, 2011 - 16:27

It is with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes that I offer my codolences to Amber"s family and friends. Amber you will be in the hearts of everyone and you will never be forgotten.To Amber's family, may God help you through this, my thoughts are with you as are everyone who's heart amber has touched.

• Sharon Smith
    November 06, 2011 - 16:24

my thoughts are with the family and friends. my heart hurts for the family and i do hope they find justice..

• Mary Gillis
    November 06, 2011 - 16:23

• Janet
    November 06, 2011 - 16:21

So sorry to hear the sad news. Our hearts ache for you and your family

• Pat Powers
    November 06, 2011 - 16:08

May God Bless the Kirwin Family at this difficult time and may the strength of God guide them through this horrific ordeal. I pray with God's help, justice will prevail. R.I.P Amber, God has another Angel.

• Theresa H.
    November 06, 2011 - 16:01

My prayers and thoughts to the Kirwan family and friends.. May you R.I.P. Amber you were always in my prayers for a safe return. God Bless

• maureen kerwin
    November 06, 2011 - 16:00

may the angels watch over amber.my thoughts and prayers go out to ambers family at their time of loss.

• Wendy McInnis
    November 06, 2011 - 15:54

Sincere condolences to the Kirwan family on this tragic news. I pray that God will send you strength to endure this, and that the person responsible is caught and justice is served.

• Elizabeth Capstick
    November 06, 2011 - 15:54

My sincere condolences go out to the Kirwan family at this terrible time.RIP Amber.

• samantha dickens
      November 06, 2011 - 17:28

so very sorry to hear that Amber will not be coming home...sincere condolences to all those that knew her and loved her....RIP Amber

• Darlene Blair - Truro
      November 06, 2011 - 17:30

My deepest condolensces to the Kirwan family during this horrific time. I cannot even imagine how you feel but please know that many, many people are praying for you. And for Amber too.

• joangel kirkwood
    November 06, 2011 - 15:42

My prayers go out to kirwan family today.. I pray that you will have comfort in the comming days that lay ahead of you all.. Lord lift them all up at this time of sorrow and let them know that you are with them. Heal them as they go through a rough time right now Lord. let them know you are there Jesus. I pray all this in Jesus name amen... when i first found out about this i put the Kirwan family on our pray list at my church in benson arizona and the circle of prayer's for her as well.. You will always be in our hearts even through i do not know you i feel sadden for you and your family.. Joangel Kirkwood

• Shelly
    November 06, 2011 - 15:39

Another sweet Angel has received her wings! Rest in peace sweet girl and my thoughts and prayers are going to her family and friends. You will never be far from anyone's minds whether they knew your or not! Justice will be served.

• Debi Yorke
    November 06, 2011 - 15:15

Please let me send my thoughts and prayers to all who knew Amber, and a huge thanks to all involved in helping to find an answer. Now, thousands of people will have you all in their hearts while we await for an arrest in her death. God has Amber and she is at peace. I pray for you.

• caper
    November 06, 2011 - 15:12

There are no words to ease your pain. I just wanted you to know that so many who never met Amber or her family or friends are thinking of you today. I pray for each of you and I pray justice will be served. RIP

• Leona Tracey
      November 06, 2011 - 17:53

My heart aches for Amber's family & friends. Rest in Peace beautiful lady.

• Lyn Stuart
      November 06, 2011 - 18:05

I feel so empty when Amber was found. My thoughts & prayers go out to her family & friends. Now the next thing U have to worry about is the killer among those in Pictou County, feeling cocky enough to do it again. Women, please travel in groups & be aware of your surrounding. This should NEVER have happened!! Thnx to the NGPD & hunters & all who looked for her to rescue her......not recover her. This lady will really be missed!! Amber U R in Gods hands now, hold on tight

• Angie Johnstone
      November 06, 2011 - 18:07

It has been a very sad day for Amber's parents, family and friends. Our family sends thoughts and prayers to all who knew Amber. She is at rest now and with God. We pray so dearly to her parents that loved her so much. I hope that whoever have did this crime, will pay the price dearly. This shouldn't have happened to an innocent girl, like Amber. May she R.I.P. now and we will be thinking of her parents, family and friends. R.I.P. Amber! This shouldn't have happened to you.

• Kari MacNaughton
      November 06, 2011 - 18:30

To the Kirwan family, my how broken you must feel, all the sleepless nights you had experienced with such heavy hearts, please know that you are in a community of people that will embrace you and pray for you. My son was a friend of Ambers and I have to call him in Alberta to break this sad news to him. After days, months, and years your family will always hold a very special place in all of our hearts, Ambers wall will always be our constant reminder of how quickly our lives can change, God Bless you, I am so very sorry for your tragic loss. To the residents of PC you make me very proud to have rallied together in search of this dear girl and to the law enforcement teams, search and rescue, and everyone that looked so hard you all make me very proud, good for you for never giving up!

• Sue Mosher
      November 06, 2011 - 18:37

So sorry to hear of Amber's death. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

• Sandra Bowman
      November 06, 2011 - 19:00

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Kirwan Family, and friends.Please God give them the strength to get through what they have to deal with in the future.Amber was a beautiful young lady and she did not deserve this,please God let the police find who done this to her and make them pay.God bless her family and friends and New Glasgow's "ANGEL" Rip,you will always be remembered in peoplel hearts!!!!!!!!!

• Chrissy W.
    November 06, 2011 - 15:08

As a parent I can only imagine your pain, please know that we all grieve with you. Bless you and your family, I hope you find comfort in the memories you have of your beautiful daughter:(

• Britt
    November 06, 2011 - 15:04

So sorry to hear about this, but at the same time I know it will bring the family a little closure. The healing process won't be easy but I wish all the best to the friends and family of Amber Kirwan. May you rest in peace, Amber.

• Jessie Falcitelli
    November 06, 2011 - 15:02

Like many people in Pictou County I am saddened and mourning the tragic death of a beautiful young lady, that I didn't even know, but the story has touched all of us. My sincere condolences go out to Amber's family and friends. I know that saying she is at peace now sometimes doesn't make it any easier, but she is an angel that will be with you always. God Bless the Kirwan Family.

• amanda
    November 06, 2011 - 15:00

we send ur sincer codolences to the Kirwan family today . we did not know Amber . but like most of pictou county we hope'ed she would come home safe to her family . Rip pictou county Angle ( amber) we will never forget you Gog Bless

• john hayman
    November 06, 2011 - 14:46

keep your heads up and they will get cought and pay for it i hope they get a long time in jail for what they did

• pat patelakis
    November 06, 2011 - 14:39

My thoughts and prayers are with you all family and friends at this very sad day may god give you strength.

• Mel
    November 06, 2011 - 14:39

this is horrible. rip amber, and my heart goes out to her family and friends. justice will be served!

• June
    November 06, 2011 - 14:39

I am so sorry for the loss of Amber. My heart goes out to her family at this very sad time. May God give them peace. Amber, dearest girl, may you rest in God's peace and may you rise in glory.

• LIZ
    November 06, 2011 - 14:38

this is the saddest new that any parent could get and my thoughts and prayers go out to the all here even in the valley middleton we have been watching and praying for her return home safe in the arms of her loved ones ,this is so tragic,i can only hope that when not if when they person or persons who are responsible for this herindous crime are finally caught that judise is served and they spend the rest of there lives behind bars think of what they have done and the family how they will go through the rest of there lives with the loss and the pain of never being able to hold there little girl again ......Let me just say if the person or persons are reading these comments and you have any heart at all turn yourself in go own up to what you have done and give this family alittle peice you have done eneough they dont seserve this at all they need you to go and own this so they can have the answer they need to why and what would make you do this there is nothing anyone could do to deserve this so go be a man or a women.....and to the family she was such a beautiful girl and we all feel your pain and hope for the arrest of who ever is responsible for this take care and be stronge for amber will always be with you ..

• Carol Villa
    November 06, 2011 - 14:31

We have been following this story from Denver, Colorado, USA.. Our prayers go out to her family and friends, Such a sad loss of a beautiful girl. May God help you find strength and comfort you.

• Lori
    November 06, 2011 - 14:26

My heart goes out to the Kirwan family, the Campbell family, to Mason and to all her friends who loved her so much, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Our lives have been forever touched by your pain and Amber will not be forgotten.

• Melissa Cumming
    November 06, 2011 - 14:22

Yes very sad ending. My thoughts and prayers go to the Kirwan family. Rest in peace Amber.

• Kim
    November 06, 2011 - 14:16

♥ Rest in Peace beautiful Amber ♥, let God's love and the love and support of this community help your family and loved ones as they try to deal with this tragic loss. Many questions to be answered but with the good work of our local authorities...Justice will be served!!! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ You are forever in our hearts ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• D. Coote
    November 06, 2011 - 14:16

It is with great sadness that I read the news of the discovery of Amber Kirwan's body. My condolences to her friends and loved ones. I am praying that God will give them the strength they will need to get through this very difficult time in their lives. As a former resident of New Glasgow, I would like to thank the Police, RCMP and all those who helped in finding the remains of this beautiful young lady. I have great faith that they will find whoever did this to her and justice will be served. ~RIP Amber~

• troyraynes
      November 06, 2011 - 15:34

What a heinous and tragic crime..Hopefully the police will soon have the person or people responsible for this cowardly in custody..My prayers go out to Ambers family and friends.. It''s never easy dealing with the loss of a child but to lose a child by another persons hand makes it even harder to accept her death.I hope and pray that God will give Ambers family the strength to deal with such an atrocious crime.

• Mary Cunningham
    November 06, 2011 - 14:02

My heart is broken and my tears cannot stop falling. I join thousands who mourn her. I pray for strength for all who love her, although now you know where she is, as hard as that is. So very sorry for your loss, as a mother myself I couldn't even imagine.

• Ron Wray
    November 06, 2011 - 14:00

My deepest condelnces to the family and friends of Amber Kirwan. May you Rest In Eternal Peace. To the investigators of this sad case - please keep up your due dilligence.

• Sheila Best
    November 06, 2011 - 13:58

To the Kirwan family, friends, relatives, Amber is home now and at peace. May you find some peace knowing that the person/persons responsible for this senseless will be punished. Our heartfelt sympathy is sent out to you today and every day . God be with you and comfort you.

• darlene hale
    November 06, 2011 - 13:57

My deepest condolences to Amber Kirwans family and friends .My prayers are with you I am so very sorry for your loss

• kathy McIsaac
    November 06, 2011 - 13:27

this is very sad news and I know if it was my daughter I would be broken but at least the Kirwin family can put a close to this horrific journey, rest in peace beautiful Amber you will be my guiding light in life.When you went missing you became Pictou County's Angel people all around the world left lights on and had you in their prayers every night!

• Shirley Malashewski
    November 06, 2011 - 13:21

My Thoughts & Prayers go Out To Ambers Family. RIP Little one, You will always be Our Little Home Hardware Angel.

• lynn mckinley
    November 06, 2011 - 13:16

So sorry 2 hear of this. My heart goes out 2 the family, u will all be in our thoughts and prayers

• Doris
    November 06, 2011 - 13:14

My deepest condolences to the family my heart is broken for you. I recall seeing on the news that Amber was missing and from that moment on I all I have been able to think of is seeing her mom plead on the news being a mother myself it is a parents worse nightmare to have to lose a child. I pray that justice is served and that whoever did this pays dearly for their actions. God Bless Amber Rest Peacefully Little One

• Scott & Anna Jean Hubley
    November 06, 2011 - 13:12

Our sincere condolences to the Kirwan family. May Amber now rest in peace and her parents, family, and friends have peace of mind knowing she is now an angel in the the safety of God's arms. Our thoughts and prayers for a speedy justice to whomever did this terrible, terrible thing to such a beautiful young person.

• Kelty Hamilton
    November 06, 2011 - 13:07

My prayers and thoughts to the Kirwan family and especially her parents. May God be with you and get you through this tragedy. The whole country is mourning with you...

• The Lambe Family in Dartmouth
    November 06, 2011 - 13:04

RIP Amber I never knew you personal but one can say we dont have to meet face to face to know what a wonderful person you were .May your family get the peace they so badly need .My thoughts and prayers are with you all

• Tina Laybolt
    November 06, 2011 - 13:03

My heart goes out to the Kirwan family. I know there is no words that could ease the pain you are feeling. You will be in my thoughts and prayers in the days and weeks to come as you try to come to terms with the lost of your angel.

• Elizabeth Paris
    November 06, 2011 - 12:53

I send my heartfelt codolences to the Kirwan family. Amber became a daughter to everyone and are hearts are heavy today. May the Lord be at your side and walk you today , tomorrow and always. God Bless

• carol hatfield
    November 06, 2011 - 12:46

to the kirwan family, i express my deepest sympathy to all of you.... amber touched the hearts of so many people. especially our family. she is now safe, and in the hands of the angels, and god. rest in peace sweet angel, and know, they will find this person, and you and your family will finally have justice. you will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN........

• Len & Bea Walser
    November 06, 2011 - 12:45

- Our condolences to the Kirwin family, our prayers and heats are with you in such a tragic ending. R.I.P Amber

• Jacob
    November 06, 2011 - 12:44

I offer my sincerest condolence to the family/close friends, and to anybody who knew Amber. I knopw nothing I can say really makes a difference, but my heart goes out to you in this difficult time. May you get the justice that you seek, for whoever was responsible for this. Rest In Peace Amber Kirwan.

• Daemon Toole
    November 06, 2011 - 12:40

An unfortunate end. May justice be swift and without mercy.

• amanda aylward
    November 06, 2011 - 12:37

I would like to send my sincere condolences out to the Kiwan Family , her friends, her boyfriends, and any one else that new her or did not know her, I have set by my computer everyday wating to see if there was news about her, I heart achs everyday there was no news, and today i am filled with sadness, Amber I did not know you, but i would like to say that Heaven has a beautiful Angel, who now will watch or the pictou and also new Glasgow, area, I am going to spend my day with my family hugging them and giving my love, as now that the Kirwan family will not be able to do know more for Amber, May god Help you at you weeeks time and help you heal, from the Aylward Family in Springhill , Ns,

• mary and lorne
    November 06, 2011 - 12:34

my condolences , very sorry for your loss may she rest in peace .

• Christine Huggan
    November 06, 2011 - 12:18

Today my heart is breaking, I so wanted the sweet girl to be found alive and well, my deepest , most sincere condolences go out to the Kirwan family today , God only know's what they are going through , RIP Amber ,our wonderful law inforcement will find out who did this to you and they will get the punishment they truly deserve ♥

• reagan downey
    November 06, 2011 - 12:01

There are no right words that will ease the pain, but thoughts are with Amber's parents, family & friends. I am so very sorry for your loss. RIP Amber, the truth WILL come out.

• anne cameron
      November 06, 2011 - 14:58

My thoughts and prayer to the Kirwan family and especially her parents and brother . May God be with you and get you through this tragedy. The whole country is mourning with you and your family .

• Terri Slaunwhite
    November 06, 2011 - 11:59

Such a terrbile loss and a sad ending. RIP Amber. God bless you and your family and know that he watches over you and will be your strength in the time to come. My prayers to you all from my family to yours.

• Jason Ferguson
    November 06, 2011 - 11:57

So notthe news that I had convinced myself that I was going to be reading today!! Many many sincerest and deeply felt thoughts and prayers for the family of Amber, as well as all of her friends. So many people across the country and into countries abroad have had and will have tears in their eyes for a very long time over this!! So sad!! I was really hoping for a different news story on this today!!

• rhonda richards
      November 06, 2011 - 15:28

I am so truly sorry for the loss of this innocent young lady. Everyone hug close those you love and I hope they find out who did this. God bless Amber's family. As a mother of an 18 year old daughter my heart breaks for you all.

• samantha kaiser
    November 06, 2011 - 11:56

R.I.P Amber a preaty young girl like you shouldnt of never had to go threw something like this may you rest in peace my thoughts and prayers goes out to you and ur family and friends.

• Susan Fraser
    November 06, 2011 - 11:52

Thoughts & Prayers go out to the family. May justice be brought to the horrible person who committed this act!

• Scott Family
    November 06, 2011 - 11:51

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Kirwan family and friends today.... Please know that we extend our love from Ontario....we were praying for her safe return. May god bless you all!!!

• CarolHartling
    November 06, 2011 - 11:45

may you rest in peace sweet Amber, may justice be served to whomever could take such an innocent life ... and my deepest condolences are going out to all who knew you...xo

• DENNIS RYAN
    November 06, 2011 - 11:43

I extend ny sincere codolences to the Kirwan family on learning of this outrageous turn of events. I am sure there are no words that will ease your pain and suffering. I can only hope and pray that justice will be swift and appropriate. I am sure the Majority of County residents will hold you close in their hearts and prayers to help you through the remaining struggles you face in dealing with this senseless act. May Almighty God gude you and comfort you in the days, months and years ahead.

• betty Daly
      November 06, 2011 - 12:31

My thoughts are with the family ..R.I.P. dear angel

• Mal B
      November 06, 2011 - 14:08

My heart goes out to the Kirwan family,God Bless

• Donnie Cosh
      November 06, 2011 - 14:41

All dreaded that there might be a time that proved that the most terrible of crimes could actually happen in our county. It is so sad to know that a young girl in the prime of her life has had her life ended in such a horrible way. May Amber's friends and family conjure up the strength to survive this nightmare. My thoughts are with her mom and dad and brother, and her many friends. Justice will prevail. It's just a matter of time. We all hope that time will be short.

• Scott Petrowski
      November 06, 2011 - 20:48

To Donnie Kirwin and family, Yes Donnie this is Scott Petrowski and family, it is with great sadness to all of us to the news we read today. I have been following every day hoping and praying this would end on a wonderful note, but that is not the case. Donnie we grew up as kids in the lismore area and I have been away 35yrs and have only been back twice, but it is always home. Your mom and dad always took me in like I was one of there own, so I sit here crying like a baby like I lost my own... Wish I could say or do something but there is nothing that will help but time.. so I extend my arms out to your family and embrace you all, my heart crys with you, be strong, take care of one another because that is what you need at this time...if you ever need to just vent or talk, laugh or cry.. I am here always.. to me that little town of lismore and the friends I had back then will always be with me.. take care Kirwin family.. we pray for you all... love the Petrowski's Manitoba canada

• juanita mackinnon
      November 06, 2011 - 21:07

i extend my deepest condolences to the kirwin family on hearing such an awfull; thing i hop[e and pray thast justice will be done.may god be with you and guide you in the days too come may god keep you and hold you in the palm of his hand god bless you all.

• angela fredericks
    November 06, 2011 - 11:41

How very sad. A tragic ending. My condolences to her family and friends.

• Kathy Hartlen
    November 06, 2011 - 11:22

What a sad, sad ending. We all hoped and prayed that Amber would be found alive and safe. My heart goes out to her family and all of her friends. Please take comfort in the fact that no matter what it takes and how long it takes, the investigation is in capable hands and the person responsible for taking the life of this beautiful young woman will be held accountable.

• PATRICIA
    November 06, 2011 - 11:22

MY THOUGHTS AND PREYS GO OUT TO THE Kirwan's FAMILY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS... GOD HAS ANOTHER ANGLE WITH HIM NOW

• Gerry Crouse
    November 06, 2011 - 11:08

My heartfelt sympathies to the family and friends of Amber Kirwan. May she Rest In Peace.......

• Betty-Jean Chamberlain
      November 06, 2011 - 14:53

Such a terrible thing......I was praying she would be found alive and well.....I hope the persion who is responsible is caught and punished. RIP Pretty Girl and my deepest sympathy to the Kirwan family 3>

• ZARTELLE
    November 06, 2011 - 11:07

My deepest condolences to Amber Kirwans family and friends. God bless you all. I am so very sorry for your loss.

• Heather
    November 06, 2011 - 11:02

How very tragic. Amber's parents at least will know where their dear daughter is, but the why and how may be a long time coming. Rest well Amber, you are home now!

• Jesse
    November 06, 2011 - 10:58

Hoping the Kirwin family can find the strength to get through this tragic time.

• sharon riley
    November 06, 2011 - 10:49

May god bless her and her family today....it is a sad day for everyone May she R.I.P

• Carolyn Munro
      November 06, 2011 - 13:32

I didn't know you, or your family but I so cried for you as if you were my daughter. I prayed for you every day. One thing I do know, God has taken you in his arms where you are and will be protected each and every day by HIm forever. God Bless you and your family

• jenny
    November 06, 2011 - 10:47

R.I.P Amber may your soul rest, to your parents and friends she will always be with you, and may the person be caught and dealt with

• amy
    November 06, 2011 - 10:44

this is so sad. i hope justice is served.

• LindaPEI
    November 06, 2011 - 10:43

My deepest and most sincere condolences to Ambers family, parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins .. her boyfriend Mason

• Terry Mercanti
    November 06, 2011 - 10:41

I am so proud of our crime investigators, thumbs up. I will grieve for this dear little girl and her family. How could anyone do such a thing, whoever did this is not human. To her family I send my deepest regrets. I have been thinking of you all the way. I hope and pray justice will be served and whoever did this will get life in prison.

• adrienne
      November 06, 2011 - 12:02

Not how any parent wants their child to be found when he/she goes missing. still it is closure. may you rip amber.