Garage fire in Stellarton

Staff ~ The News
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

The second level of this garage was on fire Chirstmas afternoon. Stellarton Fire Department was able to prevent the fire from spreading. 

STELLARTON - Stellarton Fire Department quickly knocked out a fire that could have been worse on Christmas afternoon. The fire was contained to the upper floor of a two-story garage at 117 Poplar Street. 

Deputy Chief Michael O'Sullivan said the department received the call around 4:20 p.m. and smoke was coming from the second floor of the garage upon arrival. 

O'Sullivan said the fire was a large one, but the firefighters knocked it down pretty quickly and prevented the fire from spreading.

"The fire was mainly on the second floor, which has extensive damage," O'Sullivan said. "It appears to have been accidental."

He said that no one was injured in the fire. 

 

 

Organizations: Stellarton Fire Department

Geographic location: Stellarton, 117 Popular Street

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments