Falconer preliminary updates - DAY 3

Sueann Musick
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Preliminary inquiry updates - Day 2

12:30 - Preliminary inquiry wrapped up for the day.  Testimony will continue for Witness 10 on Thursday which will be a full day session.


Falconer to be remanded back to correctional facility in Burnside Nova Scotia until tomorrow.


10:07 - Preliminary inquiry set to begin.  Falconer has been brought into court for the morning proceedings.  

9:25 - The Preliminary inquiry for 30 year old Christopher Alexander Falconer is in its third day today at the Pictou Justice Centre.

Only a half day is scheduled for today and proceedings will start a little later in the morning because of an unrelated court matter that needs to take place in provincial court.  

The 10th witness is scheduled to take the stand when the inquiry begins.  


The News' Reporter Sueann Musick is at the courtroom and will be sending in updates as the inquiry unfolds. Check @ngnews and this page to stayed informed.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page



Recent comments

  • Me
    February 13, 2013 - 17:51

    There will be a trial, not if there is - there will be one.

  • Joe
    February 13, 2013 - 13:12

    What is the point of even reporting on this?? There is a publication ban on everything so someone is getting paid to report that Falconer arrived at such and such a time and how many breaks they got during the day? If I had a blog I could do that for free..Wake me up when it is over and we find out if and when a trial will be.

  • Anonymous
    February 13, 2013 - 13:05

    They cover it because this crime affected an entire community of people. Whether we like it or not, people want to know. The media is being very discrete, as promised. But for the family and friends of this poor girl, this has been more than a year of their lives, wrapped up in this case. They haven't been able to get the closure they need. So for them, and the community that supports them, this is important. If they need to take him back to Burnside every day, then so be it, at least the public is safe from him.

  • Johnny smoke
    February 13, 2013 - 12:08

    I really wonder why the news has to cover such a sicking event. The man pleaded not guilty as it is his right to do so. The judge has placed a ban on news or evidence as is the proper procedure. The case will either rise or fall on it's own merit. I can think of better use of the sheriffs vehicles than to be running back and forth from Pictou to Burnside daily with four guards on board, especially when sick people have to ante up some $55.00 bucks to take the shuttle each way to and from the hospital which is in the same general area as the jail.