New Subway open

Adam MacInnis

Subway

The Subway at the corner of Lawrence Boulevard is now open after a couple months of delays.

Finishing touches are now being done in the parking lot. Here a light is being installed by Greg Tenbrinke.

Geographic location: Lawrence Boulevard

Comments

Comments

• martha woo
    February 28, 2013 - 14:11

cant find nova scotia workers all gone out west

• Steve M
      March 01, 2013 - 07:28

Would be easier to find them if a decent wage was paid.

• Safety First
    February 27, 2013 - 20:25

I hope Greg made it down safe. Nice job on the new Subway.

• careful
    February 27, 2013 - 14:58

I don't think he should be standing on a ladder like that.It does not look very safe.

• Downer
    February 27, 2013 - 11:14

I hate to be "that guy" when we should be excited this is open and have created jobs but i'm willing to bet that it will be just like every other subway in PC, full of foreigners brought in on cheap labor while the Gov't pays the rest of their tab. Don't get me wrong these people are generally nice people but we should be giving the jobs to the residents of PC first. Then again I could be wrong and they did hire locals, I doubt it but maybe. If anyone stops over today be sure to let us know.

• Also A Downer
      February 28, 2013 - 09:24

Have to agree with you. It would be nice if the jobs went to local residents who need the employment, but they likely won't. Our government sits around complaining about people going out west for work but yet whenever jobs open up, they hire non-locals because its cheap labor. They are all nice people, but it just seems contradictory of the NS government. Just my thoughts.

• Tizzle
      March 01, 2013 - 15:57

If there were people in the county willing to work for minimum wage, then residents would be working. Not the case.

• justthinking
    February 27, 2013 - 11:10

looks like Subway has no regard for safety..very unsafe practice standing on top step of ladder