PICTOU â A 26-year-old Pictou County man has been found not guilty of break-and-enter in relation to an alleged home invasion in Trenton.
Pictou Provincial Court Judge Del Atwood said Monday that Micah Scott Jacob Osborne is not guilty of the break-and-enter charge but guilty of mischief in relation to the March 2013 incident in Trenton.
Three other men, Robert MacInnis, Corey Calverly and Frank Crook, are also accused of the same charge. MacInnis and Calverly will be in provincial court next week to enter pleas while Crook has elected Supreme Court and will appear at a later date.
Previous testimony from two of these men depicted a night of heavy drinking that coincided with heated discussions as to whether MacInnisâs girlfriend had cheated on him. The men said they jumped into Osborneâs car and headed to two different homes where they smashed the windows out of one van and did some damage inside a second home.
The men testified that they didn't think Osborne had been drinking and he was driving the vehicle. They said Osborne stayed inside his vehicle when the three men went inside.
Atwood said although Osborne didn't testify at his trial, he did give two police statements at which time he said he didnât think three other men with him were going inside the home.
However, he added, that Osborne was ârecklessâ when he knew that the men with him already caused damage to a vehicle at one home and were looking to create some kind of mischief at the second residence in Trenton.
Osborne will be sentenced May 13.