Here's a look at the events happening this weekend
Saturday June 7
• Scottish Fiddle Concert – Presented by The Caledonian Orchestra at 7 p.m. at Sharon St John United Church, 33 Acadia Ave, Stellarton. Adult $15, Under 18 $10, Family $40. Tickets are on sale Saturday 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. at church hall.
• Yard Sale – Springville Church Hall, 8 a.m. to noon, also available are a tearoom, pantry table, Clothing and a barbecue. Sponsored by East River Pastoral Charge Managers.
• Art Show and Sale – 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Union Centre Community Hall (off Exit 20 and follow the signs). Original Artwork. Free Admission. Tickets on gift basket. Sponsored by Dan Munro & Friends
• Victorian Tea – Sponsored by Little Harbour Fire Department Ladies Auxiliary at the Little Harbour Fire Department 2-4 p.m. Admission $6. Dressing in Victorian style is optional.
• ALS Walk – Westville Victoria Park Track at 10:30 a.m. with registration at the Westville Civic Centre beginning at 9:30 a.m. For further information, please contact Sara Watters at firstname.lastname@example.org. Pledge forms can be picked up at any of the Town Offices or downloaded at http://www.walkforals.ca/provincial-walks/als-society-of-nova-scotia.
• Carillon Singers – 20th Anniversary Concert, deCoste Centre, Pictou. Cocktail reception 7 p.m.; curtain call 7:30. Tickets $25 at the deCoste.
• Fundraising Yard Sale – For Little Harbour Community Centre, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at the community centre.
• Bargain Hunter’s Breakfast – At First Presbyterian Church in Hopewell, 7:30-10:30 a.m. Fuel up for the 50 mile yard sale with a great breakfast of pancakes, baked beans and sausage! Cost $6. Kids under 5 are free.
• 50 Mile Yard Sale – Riverton, Eureka, Hopewell, Churchville, Springville, Plymouth, Lorne and all along the East River Valley and surrounding areas, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
• LEGO Club – Pictou library, 1-2 p.m. Space is limited, to register call 485-5021.
• Old Time Dance – Toney Rver Community Hall, 8:30 p.m.-12. Music by Raymond, Marlene, and Lynne, caller Jim Redmond. Admission $6, shared lunch.
• Haliburton Cemetery Fundraiser – At First Presbyterian Church hall, Prince St., Pictou, 9 a.m. Plants (lily-0f-the-valley, hostas, daylilies, beebalm, sedum, etc) and book sale, bake table, yardsale items.
• Blue Mountain and District Volunteer Fire Department Annual Fishing Derby from 630 a.m. to 2 p.m. Registration is located on Siding Road, Eden Lake off Highway 347.
• All That Jazz – Wine and Cheese event at North Nova Education Centre in support of the New Glasgow Academy campaign. Performances by jazz bands and choirs of NGJHS and NNEC, cake auction, silent auction, door prizes, cash bar. Tickets $20, include one drink, available from NGJHS and NNEC music students and at Big Al’s. 19 plus only.
• Celebrate the Gulf – Gulf of St. Lawrence at Mahoneys Beach, just north of Antigonish, a grand picnic noon-3 p.m. on Oceans Day, presented by Ecology Action Centre & the Save Our Seas And Shores Coalition Have fun while sending our provincial and federal governments a message that offshore oil and gas development in the Gulf is NOT welcome!
• Sunny Brae Cemetery – Annual general meeting, 6:30 p.m. in the Sunny Brae Presbyterian Church. All lot holders are urged to attend.
• Gutsy Walk – In support of Crohn’s and Colitis research, Carmichael Park, New Glasgow. Registration 10:30 a.m., walk at 11.