Northern Pulp says no digging has been done on site
PICTOU LANDING – Photos and videos have emerged that show Northern Pulp’s effluent pipe exposed.
The damage to the pipe is visible.
RELATED: Band chief expects to talk soon with province, mill executive
- Read more special articles:
- Art works reflecting pulp mill effects on display
- Latest test results show Northern Pulp mill emissions still too high
- Businesses benefit from Northern Pulp shutdown
- Northern Pulp spokesperson steps down
David MacKenzie of Northern Pulp said that work is continuing to remove the effluent from the area and that no excavation or equipment have been moved onto the site to date.
“There was no digging done at the location,” he said. “It is my understanding that the soil was pushed away from the force of the break in the pipe.”
MacKenzie noted that there was a pool of effluent over the site of the leak at Indian Cross Point that has since been removed by the pumper trucks.
More to come.