Pictou County Pizza... for breakfast?

John Brannen

NEW GLASGOW - If you think that pizza is best served at dinner or supper, think again.

Scott Hoare, owner of The Coffee Bean has created a unique Pictou County Pizza muffin that captures the taste of the famous dish.

"I heard about the Pictou County pizza chip flavour contest and thought, why not have a muffin," he said. "I wondered if I could do it."

After selling out of a double batch this morning, it's clear he not only did it, but did it well.

The muffin includes bits of green pepper, onion, pepperoni, mozzarella and other cheeses. There is a Pictou County sauce flavour as well, but Hoare isn't revealing its ingredients.

Geographic location: Pictou County

Comments

Comments

• tlt
    August 08, 2014 - 18:58

comin' home tomorrow and looking forward to them, guess I won't be sleeping in on holidays lol.

• Tanya MacKenzie
    August 08, 2014 - 11:18

That's so neat! I'll definitely have to try er out! :D

• scott hoare
    August 07, 2014 - 13:18

I would like to thank everyone for the positive feedback. Usually when trying a new muffin I only make 8-12 muffins to see how they sell. Today I made almost 50 of these muffins and was sold out before lunch time. I was not ready for such a great result. I will do my best to keep up with them, but I also have to keep people happy with the regular ones. I have fried Devil's Breath but never BBQ. I have to give it a try. Anyone wondering what devil's Breath is, it is a VERY hot spicy muffin that bring tears to most peoples eyes. I can not make all muffins all the time but if you call and order we always do our best to make what you need. Thanks again to everyone.

• May be a redneck if
    August 07, 2014 - 08:14

Pizza for breakfast is a new thing?

• robert davidson
    August 06, 2014 - 16:45

this is awesome, must try some when I'm home next spring................

• TO westsider
    August 06, 2014 - 16:10

Although I love the Coffee Bean's "Devil Breath" muffins fried in a little butter (or smoked on the BBQ...seriously!), I'm very interested in trying these unique, local muffins. Great job Scott!!!