Two men pronounced dead after single vehicle collision

Two men were pronounced dead at a single vehicle collision on Central Road in Pictou around 10 a.m. Sunday.

Two men were pronounced dead at a single vehicle crash on Central Caribou Road in Pictou around 10 a.m. Sunday.

A third passenger, a woman, had non-life threatening injuries. Pictou County RCMP said speed was a factor in the crash.

Cpl. Andrew Joyce, an RCMP spokesperson, said it appeared the vehicle left the road and struck a parked detached trailer unit. The investigation is ongoing.

The next of kin were being notified by police.

Comments

Comments

• Edith Irving
    August 25, 2014 - 15:33

Not nice for the family but everyone wants to see news as it happens. If the picture makes one more young driver think twice about speed then it has served a purpose. Deepest sympaty to the families.

• Just an opinion
    August 25, 2014 - 10:04

I disagree, the image provided in this article is exactly what Should be In the paper. Sincerest prayers for the family and friends.

• m mac
    August 24, 2014 - 21:21

My heart goes out to the boys families... such a tragedy. Prayers and love

• Friend
    August 24, 2014 - 19:13

RIP boys, you'll be forever missed ad remember greatly. You were both amazing people.

• Tanya
    August 24, 2014 - 12:31

This picture should not be in the paper out of respect for the families and friends! I would not want to find out the death of someone close to me by having their accident thrown in my face online!! My condolences to the friends and families of the 2 men. RIP

• Agreed
      August 25, 2014 - 08:35

I agree 100%. I know they have to announce the news but a picture is just inappropriate when it involves a death. Please NG News....no more pics when someone has died. Think of their families and friends.

• John Boy
      August 25, 2014 - 10:10

Tanya I am sorry the picture bothers you but welcome to todays world. This is news you see it in the papers on the TV and here on the internet. If you do not wish to see it please pack up all of your belongings drop them off at the dump, Move to the woods and become a hermit.

• JW
      August 25, 2014 - 16:04

It is no worse seeing this image where I cannot see the make/model of the vehicle (notice they have the car somewhat covered for anonymity?) than it is to hear on the street from random people that someone I loved has passed on through horrible circumstances because nosy people like to gossip. John Boy is 100% correct. Focus on the true tragedy here, the loss of innocent life and the horror of what the survivor will carry with her for the remainder of her life.