Something stinks in Pictou County

Letter to the Editor

Something stinks in Pictou County, and this time it's not Northern Pulp

If anyone wanted to get factual information about air emissions and Northern Pulp, they wouldn't get it from local media.

Full page newspaper advertisements filled with errors and misinformation. Medical information based, not on fact or science, but anecdotal evidence and incredible stories. Two-pack-a-day cigarette smokers blaming their breathing problems, or worst, on the pulp mill.

It's time for local media reporters and editors to take a hard, long look in a mirror! Biased reporting with no attempt to find the truth, no verification of so-called "facts" or context to stories, no differing opinions, no objective analyses of information, options or consequences, just everyone running with the herd!

Any reporter after 15 minutes of research would know that in the early 1960's Industrial Estates Limited, under its first president, Frank Sobey, was instrumental in bringing Stora pulp and paper to Point Tupper and the Scott Paper kraft pulp mill to Abercrombie Point. County residents will remember how each time employees at the mill received a raise, prices in our local stores increased by the same amount!

The hypocrisy of our local politicians knows no bounds. What did the Progressive Conservative government led by John Hamm, with Pat Dunn, MLA for Pictou Centre and current party leader, Jamie Baillie, do to clean up Boat Harbour or the air emissions from the mill? Can you think of anything? Now they have all the answers -- they are going to heal the sick and cure the lame! Remember the old saying. How do you know when a politician is lying? His or her lips are moving.

Now we have Karla MacFarlane, Pictou West MLA and opposition economic development critic, stating in a news release, "Time keeps passing and more jobs are being lost. It's unacceptable."

Blaming the current Liberal government for losing jobs, yet she and Mr. Baillie want to close down the mill. The economy of Pictou County is going down the drain and both are pulling on the flush chain.

And to our illustrious business community that wants to close down the mill, what will you do to replace the lost jobs? Turn Pictou into Alice's Wonderland? Hire some more Temporary Foreign Workers, or create a handful of seasonal or part-time jobs at minimal wages?

Time for local media to start doing their collective jobs. Time to do some real reporting. Time to ask the basic questions of good reporting: Who? What? When? Where? and Why? No more bafflegabble! Start by telling Pictou County residents who the members of the Clean Pictou Air Group of Businesses are? We would all like to know who is speaking on our behalf.

Robert Christie

RR2 Trenton

Organizations: Industrial Estates, Scott Paper, Clean Pictou Air Group of Businesses

Geographic location: Pictou County, Point Tupper, Abercrombie Point Boat Harbour

Comments

Comments

• sonja tilly
    August 20, 2014 - 18:11

Well I do think they should close pictou of from the rest of the towns.it is so far out of the way no one cares about it.

• bm
    August 20, 2014 - 02:52

So tired of all the lies and finger pointing to one operation and the blindness for other operations that effect our air. Northern pulp is the blame for everything? Seriously? Are you forgetting the studies done on air pollution from just air coming from Ontario and the states effect our health? Do you ever yell when the pollution pours out Trenton power plan, along with their pollution pourring out in the east river? Seems to me that these people whining clean up the mill shouldn't accept dirty mill money maybe that can force the clean up. I noticed sobeys big 8 water and pizza delight supplied water and food for the petition they had on Sunday. So there are 2 stores lets have other stores name themselves. Educate us on your believes of the mill and don't be 2 faced like most pictou people are. Tourism in this county isn't going to change with the mill close. Do you want to know why? There is nothing and I mean nothing here to call in tourism. Majority of these people whining about cleaning up the mill have never been out of PC to see we have it a lot better then other places. I really think these people will never be satisfied with anything because they have a boring life. You yell there's no jobs yet attack and attack to try to get more doors to close here. Don't like the air you know you can always move. The more jobs that leave PC the more families that leave PC. It's a shame to see people can never be happy with anything. If people keep moving away from here it's never going to get better just worse. PS- all this running around with cars add to pollution, so how many of you are walking? How many of you stopped using toilet paper and other paper??

• Rose's Daughter
    August 17, 2014 - 07:58

Someone linked my name to the mill Facebook and their posts automatically showed up on my page. I didn't join up, but was linked somehow. Imagine my horror when I saw my name on the list of members when I wasn't aware that the link joined me as a member. I deleted my name immediately! Although I do want the pollution cleared up I do not want people to lose jobs and I really don't like smelling the putrid smell of "other people's money" . Clean it up!

• Jimbob
    August 16, 2014 - 07:54

Let's talk some facts: the mill does its own air and water testing and reports that to the provincial department of environment...that's like a driver reporting his own blood alcohol level to the police. Fact: the mill is exceeding allowable air and water pollution levels...they have admitted this publicly. Fact: the mill is 47 years old and much of the operation is based on technology based at the time the mill was built...think of it this way: if you drove a car made in 1967, and you maintained it periodically, but you still ran that car continuously, after a while you would see that no matter how many upgrades you did to it, it's become an old clunker...in fact it's become an antique. Fact: particulate matter released by the mill exceeds limits set by the world health organization, by a lot! This is by their own admission. Particulate matter is a very serious health hazard. Fact: the current environmental laws are allowing the mill to continue to exceed safe levels because the laws are outdated and not up to date with current environmental laws in other provinces and countries. Fact: the local medical community is voicing concern about what their patients are breathing in from the mill. Fact: local businesses and tourism has been adversely affected by the mill The mill is an important economic part of our community and most of us have family and friends who depend on the mill to make a living. I would rather see the mill cleaned up than shut down, but it cannot continue as it has. That is why I joined the group "clean up the mill". That is why, for the first time in my 50+ years of life, I will be protesting this Sunday.

• HeyThat'sMyJob
    August 16, 2014 - 00:54

FINALLY...a look through a slight crack in the radical fence. I am the major bread winner in my family and I work at the Pulp Mill. Frankly, I am scared to give my name publicly. I am concerned for the well being of my family, because of the threatening manner in which some people from certain groups are acting. More so than I could ever fear going to work each day. I am concerned about losing my job and the ability to pay my bills and stay and live in the place I love, Pictou County. I am worried about having to take my 4th generation Pictou County family and hiking it the hell out of here to get a job. But, if I have to I will. Because I have to do what a good parent does, work hard to support my family, keep them fed and clothed with a roof over their heads, raise my children to be polite and upstanding members of a kind and loving community, be a good parent, an active community volunteer, and be proud of our roots and our Pictou County, NS heritage. I have been reading information from various sources, and Mr Christie, you make a valid point, when stating….” get all the facts” , because sometimes I wonder how some of the things get printed and/or posted on Facebook or other social media. A few of my favourites are: “They speed the pulp mill up at night, and spew more stuff out of the stacks, so we don’t see it and then slow it down in the day” (FALSE… if you had any idea how the mill was operated, you would know that is completely ridiculous) “It is only 250 jobs to be lost” (FALSE …there are currently over 300 Union members in the mill…..over 200 non-Union members in the mill. Plus more business spin offs and suppliers and associated jobs that bring the number conservatively to over 2700 directly impacted jobs in Pictou County) “It is the sole responsibility of the mill to clean up the current day problems, and fix the past ones.” (TRUE…every business has the responsibility to work hard to better things for the environment. ALSO FALSE…the new owners inherited the mill in it’s current state. There is no way it can be held accountable for anything before they took it over. There have been many deals made in the passed with previous owners as well as governments to clean the pulp mill emissions and Boat Harbour……look back at ALL the facts please and place blame and responsibility appropriately.) “The dignitaries at the Jubilee (who they were, I do not know) were more important than those at the Pictou Lobster Carnival, as they shut down the mill for the Jubilee.” (FALSE….OMG seriously!! A part of a machine broke and needed to be worked on. Simple as that, welcome to moving parts of machinery and maintenance on them.) “Property values will double.” ( I have to ask……who will be buying these inflated value homes and properties? Certainly not anyone making their living by working at/with/for the Pulp Mill) “Tourism will double.” (Again, I have to ask…how this number came to be? AND….how are businesses going to survive on 2 months of money generated by tourism, over 12 months of people living and working here and spending money?) In my opinion, if the Pulp Mill is closed and families leave, it isn’t just bodies leaving the county: It’s families being broken up. It is us taking our children with us, and teaching jobs will be lost. Businesses directly employed by the mill…truckers, gas for the truckers, wood lot owners, mechanics, all of it….jobs gone! This is where I spend my money…in my hometown….businesses will suffer. The spin off of this is astronomical and irreplaceable. In other news….. http://northernpulp.ca/news/article/2011-March-Ship-Hector (Curiously presented to Anne Emmett from The Braeside Inn, one of the more vocal opponents to the mill.) “Northern Pulp continues to invest in and support our local community and surrounding area through program sponsorships, donations, investments and our annual scholarship Program.” This Spring, Northern Pulp pledged $200,000 in support of the Pictou County Wellness Centre Campaign. This investment is an opportunity to invest in the health, wellness and overall well-being of our employees, their families and our community. Northern Pulp also committed $100,000 over three years to the Hector Quay Society as an Inaugural Sponsorship Partner. This investment is a vital step to ensure the Ship Hector and Hector Heritage Quay site are revived as a sustainable and successful heritage project. Northern Pulp is also focused on supporting the next generation. Once again, we donated seedlings to support this year’s ‘Trees for Kids’ campaign. The annual campaign, organized by the students from Prince Andrew High School in Dartmouth, has raised over $60,000 for the annual IWK Hospital Telethon since the seedlings for sale program began. Northern Pulp also proudly supports our local Scouts. This year’s tree planting days in Georgefield was a huge success with over 6,000 trees planted by Scouts, parents and Northern Pulp Woodlands employees. In June, Northern Pulp awarded seven worthy recipients through our annual scholarship program. The program is designed to recognize the academic achievement of the children of our full-time employees. Each successful high school and post secondary student applicant received a $1000 entrance scholarship for this academic year. Northern Pulp congratulates these deserving students. When it comes down to it, please keep in mind….the Pulp Mill is not the sole reason for the air quality issues in Pictou County. It isn’t 100% innocent…..but it isn’t singularly guilty. Does NS Power, spewing ash and chemicals--have a waiting list of resumes for employment.... damn right they do. Did the foundry have a waiting list......damn right it did. Did Michelin have a waiting list for employees, again....hell yeah it did. Last time I checked, there were no shortage of resumes waiting to get into the pulp mill either. People need to work. Plain and simple. And they deserve good paying jobs in their home towns. I expect to be attacked/corrected on grammar and syntax as well as paragraph structure and placement. It seems the norm for some opposers. Go ahead. I will take the money that I get paid and place it in businesses that want it. As I make mental notes of the businesses who want to close my place of employment, and chose not to shop there, now or in the future. If you have reached this point in my post….I thank you for taking the time to read it.

• Tired of b.
      August 16, 2014 - 07:04

Great response by "hey that's my job"!! Really shows the lack of info by the biased group who exagarate facts. Great point about the buisness's that want the mill closed, let's all stop using thier shops and stores! Then we will see if they start whinning about that!! No more money for buisness owners who are part of this ridiculous group!! Let's hit em where it hurts!

• jobsjobsjobs
      August 16, 2014 - 21:06

Ridiculously selfish and callous. I lost my job because of you. Please move out west and let the rest of us breathe and enjoy Pictou if these truly are your views. I have no sympathy for those who wish this to continue this disaster. Close the mill and hire you guys to clean it up. Don't want to see you unemployed but hope these jobs disappear to be replaced by something that doesn't harm the rest of us.

• Rose
      August 17, 2014 - 19:48

This is an amazing response!! Good for you! You should summit this under a false name if you have too (we've all felt the sting of the very vocal minorities bullying) as a letter to the editor. More people need to see this. It's one think to have your opinion and want to work towards changing the community. It's completely another to make up facts and then bully and be aggressive to those who don't agree. Good for you for posting some REAL facts. I hope others see this and for all our sakes the mill stays open and your job and many,many others stay safe.

• Asha
      August 18, 2014 - 02:56

My husband was the major bread winner in our home for two and a half decades! I ask you, "HeyThat'sMyJob" , where was your private/public concern when he & 300+ of his unionized co-workers lost their jobs ? Greenbrier Companies, owned TrentonWorks Ltd., from 1995 until 2007. There were periods during these years when the workforce totalled 1,200+. And, just how many businesses, suppliers, associated jobs, spin-offs, etc etc, would you like to calculate were affected in 2007 and in the short/long term following 2007 ? FYI - [this plant was founded in 1872 ... many different companies owned the plant from its founding until 1962; Hawker-Siddeley 1962-1988; Lavalin 1988-1992; NS Govt 1992-1995 and Greenbrier as stated above.] We, as well, as many, many other families from TrentonWorks had children to feed, to provide an education for, to raise responsibly, to provide a well balanced home life -- spiritually and emotionally. Do you honestly believe that you and your family are the only ones to be touched by unemployment, disappointment, lifestyle changes, the loss of a regular paycheque to cover the mortgage/rent, the groceries, the eyeglasses, the dental appointments, the lack of medical insurance to cover hospital/prescription costs ... not to mention all the other regular monthly bills/expenses , as well as, any unexpected expenditures that for sure will & do 'pop up'. I found your words to be condescending and insulting, when you wrote 'some people from certain groups'. Excuse me, I am one of 'those persons', and I can guarantee you that I am a threat to NO ONE!!! [perhaps my family & I should be afraid of you?!] There are many of us here in Pictou County who have grave concerns and fears as to what we are breathing in every day/night that Northern Pulp is in operation. So sometimes people HYPOTHESIZE, THEORIZE within a Group to try and make sense of what is happening all around them! Other times there are experts with scientific data who contribute to the education of a Group, [for which people, like myself, are truly grateful]. I do not pretend to understand much of the science behind all the data on the toxins that Northern Pulp is spewing out, however, I do know how to read and digest certain information ... so, if you are still with me here and want to understand better the risks you and your family fall into, as well as all Pictou County & beyond, please, continue to read the following health effects --- Both PM10 (big) and PM2.5 (small) particles can cause health problems; specifically respiratory health (that's the lungs and airway). Because the PM2.5 travels deeper into the lungs AND because the PM2.5 is made up things that are more toxic (like heavy metals and cancer causing organic compounds), PM2.5 can have worse health effects than the bigger PM10. Exposure to particulate matter leads to increased use of medication and more visits to the doctor or emergency room. Health effects include the following: Coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath & aggravated asthma. Lung damage (including decreased lung function and lifelong respiratory disease), emphysema and lung cancer. Premature death in individuals with existing heart or lung diseases. PM2.5 particles can travel up to 500 miles; PM10 particles can travel as little as a hundred yards or as much as 30 miles. As far as I am concerned, I believe there are polluters everywhere, however, we are discussing the fact that Northern Pulp has higher than allowable toxic emissions, which is publicly reported ... our government is allowing this to happen and I am totally perplexed as to their lack of concern for my health, the health of my family and many other peoples' health. I am sure there are endless lists of people seeking employment in any number of businesses in Pictou County and in most other Nova Scotian cities, towns, etc. and they all would like to have good paying jobs ... but some businesses are just not 'good corporate citizens' and. unfortunately you work for one of them. That is your choice, please do not try to make me feel guilty for you wanting to remain in a high paying job, with excellent benefits, and a good pension to look forward to down the road, [of course, you will have to be prepared that the Mill may close its doors before that pension arrives]. As you have stated, you are making your 'mental notes of the businesses who want your workplace to close' and you will spend your money elsewhere. By all means that is your right, but please, do not place that guilt on the businesses who want to operate in clean, clear, non-toxic air! Corporations in Canada receive huge tax breaks from our over-generous government. 1]Capital Investment Incentive, which applies only to Nova Scotia--"You could be eligible for a reimbursement for buying productivity-enhancing equipment for your business." 2]Apprenticeship Job Creation Tax Credit--"If you hire an apprentice, you could get a tax credit equal to 10% of that person's salary."3]Write-offs re donations - Northern Pulp pledged $200,000 in support of the Pictou County Wellness Centre Campaign - $100,000 over three years to the Hector Quay Society as an Inaugural Sponsorship Partner. TrentonWorks also had an Annual Scholarship Program, as do many other corporations...$1,000 entrance scholarship would be very helpful! As for, " conserving the forest ecosystem", that will remain to be seen in the generations to come! Finally, your words, "Last time I checked, there were no shortage of resumes waiting to get into the pulp mill either." I guess you are in a position to KNOW this kind of confidential information at Northern Pulp ... congratulations to you !!!

• Want clean air AND jobs
      August 18, 2014 - 10:20

This is a really great response and I respect the fact that you don't want your name out there. I think the fb group should also stick to facts instead of HYPOTHESIZING, THEORIZING because the threads I've read are actually filled with lies, misinformation and people talking about the daily operations of a mill that they really know nothing about. I've also witness extremely harsh comments and responses against anyone who has a different opinion than "close the mill" and "who cares about jobs". It's time we stop bullying and personal attacks against anyone with a different opinon because at the end of the day everyone's goal is the same, mill employess included. To have clean air and jobs! They are equally important! From what I've read it is the mill's goal as well as the government's goal and they are clearly trying to clean it up. They've released statements stating that it will be better after the shutdown in September and much much better when the new precipitator is installed so let's not jeopardize our economy for the sake of a month.

• rob
      August 18, 2014 - 17:46

hi well said,,,,,,they wont be happy till they actually see it shut down

• Shane MacMillan
    August 15, 2014 - 13:51

Someone needs to speak on your behalf Mr. Christie, because this article is rambling and borders on incoherent. I THINK your point was to call attention to the lack of hard evidence brought forth by social media and the Clean Air group, who you then lumped together as "two-pack per day" smokers. Very factual sir! You then take a swing at local media for seemingly no reason. Your middle paragraph leaves me a bit confused. Is this suppose to be saying the mill is good for the economy? Bad for the economy? Or did you just include it as one of those "incredible stories" you referenced earlier. Next up is the PC government....i'll let that one slide. Perhaps I missed it, but I did not read anywhere that Karla MacFarlane or Jamie Baillie stated they would like to close the mill. If they did in fact state this, please provide a reference so support your claim. Heres how: http://halifax.mediacoop.ca/story/was-our-playground/8339 Now you can just copy and past the link to an article that refers to you Mr. Christie as "a former bigwig for Canso Chemicals, (who) has been tight with mill bosses for decades. This way everyone can check the facts for themselves. That's enough bafflegabble for one day!

• Mr.ChristieYouMakeTerribleCookies
    August 15, 2014 - 11:43

To take an idea from the pages of psychological research, people wear many masks and have many sides to their personalities. People put on a hard mask and and show an aggressive side to their personality when they feel they are backed into a corner and as a means of self-preservation. Reactions like this one are often a result of someone trying to hide something or prevent something from coming to the light. I think this fits Mr. Christie's POV in this opinion piece. My question to him is what are you trying to hide? Why is the truth so threatening to you? what are you scared of? Are the discussions I have read about your personal connections indeed true? Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

• Joe MacDonald
      August 15, 2014 - 17:51

Why can't this guy express his opinion regardless of his personal connections. Are you saying that a mill worker can't have a valid opinion on the subject because he has a personal connection?.

• Finally!
    August 15, 2014 - 11:08

Thank you Mr. Christie for writing what a lot of people are thinking!

• Tired of b.s
    August 15, 2014 - 10:19

Somewhere between both groups is the truth, I am so tired of all these conspiricy theorists hypochondriacs complaining at every little cough or sick feeling. No it doesn't affect you and only you, I wonder what percent actually think this lol no one from Pictou county I ever talk to the mill never comes up and they have never complained!

• Tired of b.s
    August 15, 2014 - 10:12

He just wants both sides of the story not made up stories that have no fact behind them, not every one with a cough is the result of the pulp mill, I am sure it has some issues but between both stories lies the truth. Let's leave the conspiracies to the NWO shall we lol.

• Alex currie
    August 15, 2014 - 09:30

That's the worst and most ignorant response I've read yet.

• Fred
      August 15, 2014 - 20:19

Mr. Currie, paraphrasing Robert Duvall in the movie Apocolypse Now, I love the smell of the pulp mill in the morning.Smells like VICTORY! I'm not kidding, love that smell,I did since I was a kid.

• fred
    August 15, 2014 - 08:57

The people against the mill are the same old left wing crowd. Anti-pulp mill, anti coal mine, anti pipe-line, anti fracking, etc. I live in Alberta, from Pictou County. Know why there's jobs with great wages in Alberta? We embrace pulp mills, coal mines, pipe-lines, and fracking is huge here. Also, when I'm home, I love the smell of the pulp mill! Must be more with this opinion out there, we should hold a rally to pump more out off the stacks!

• Len Walser
    August 15, 2014 - 08:02

-A lot of smoke out of Mr. Christie's stack , no facts, saying nothing, I feel we have the right to live, breathe fresh and healthy air.

• another concerned citizen
    August 14, 2014 - 23:06

I agree. I want improvements, but I am disappointed with inaccuracies in reporting. There is no tolerance within the facebook group for any dissenting views. This is evident in the comments on this site. Any person who suggests that Northern Pulp is not responsible for all illness in the county is immediately shouted down into submission.

• Rose
    August 14, 2014 - 20:17

Excellent article!! I find many places blindly reporting what this group says for truth when many, many things they say are just out and out lies. I hope maybe they just don't know better, they'll "hear" something is the way the mill does it and takes there falsehood as fact, but I feel it's more likely fear mongering to make things sound much worse then it is. The only good thing I've seen is most of the higher ups I've spoken too in government positions are looking at the actual facts and not just what this group is forcing on us. Hopefully they continue to do that. Look at what's actually going on and not what the group THINKS is.

• a concerned citizen
    August 14, 2014 - 16:16

I too want and expect clean air, soil and water. The pulp mill issue is important for this community and I believe, provincially. However, fear mongering and inaccuracies in reporting or discussion do little to help the cause.

• Internet User
      August 14, 2014 - 19:53

People who defend this mill are just too naive... and think that the government and this business wouldn't lie to them. And has the people and communities best interest.

• Cliff Seruntine
    August 14, 2014 - 16:09

Dear Robert Christie, you don't need the NG News to find the names of the members of the Clean Up the Pictou County Pulp Mill FaceBook group. It's an open group and anyone can look. My name is Cliff Seruntine, and I'm on it. And we're all very public of our presence on the group, and in fact quite vocal about it. However, it is very telling that you are trying to encourage the people of Pictou into a kind of gang mentality against all those terrible Pictonians who just want clean air and water for their children. Very telling indeed. Hey, while you're pointing fingers at dirty things, how about we start talking about the fact that I've been interviewing mill workers for years as part of a book on broken priorities and for years persons assigned to measure pollution levels have been telling me they've been ordered to ignore violations. Maybe that would be a good place to start.

• Joe MacDonald
      August 15, 2014 - 17:47

Cliff if you read the article a little more closer you will see that Mr Christie wants the names of the businesses not the people. No one cares about the couple of nut nuts with mill conspiracy theories. But if a business wants the mill shut down, then step up and tell what your business name is so people that are for the mill can boycott your business and they can see the real effects of having no mill.

• Joe Gillis
    August 14, 2014 - 12:13

Duh! Mr. Christie didn't use any facts in his opinion piece.

• Joe MacDonald
      August 15, 2014 - 17:56

Well he did talk about the full page advertisement that was filled with errors and misinformation. That was a fact.

• Rattlesnake Red
    August 14, 2014 - 10:52

Something stinks in Pictou County alright, and it's more than the pulp mill . . .

• Gerard Halfyard
    August 14, 2014 - 10:30

Yes get to some real reporting! Like investigating Northern Pulp's finances....follow the money trail :) Also get some real samples of the air and water emmisions, not what Northern Pulp self reports to government. Ask why the governments Department of Environment says there is no imminent threat. I can go on and on and on....

• Joan Krawczyk
    August 14, 2014 - 07:58

The lost jobs? What about lost lives? What about the decline of quality of life. I am tired of vomiting from breathing the fall out, who is going to pay for my dental work? Who pays for my puffers? This is a comprised life for many for the matter of a few jobs. This is permanently damaging our children, a few generations for the matter of a few jobs.

• Fred
      August 15, 2014 - 20:08

No worries Joan, the government will pay for it, from the equalization payments from Alberta!

• Dave Gunning
    August 14, 2014 - 03:02

What are the motives of Mr Christie? And are his facts and info current? Really? Alice and Wonderland? And blaming media? And Frank Sobey? http://northernpulp.ca/news/article/2010-May-Stewardship

• Ella.k
      August 15, 2014 - 09:11

Good question Dave; what are his motives? When he was a vocal member of CAP, he spoke out harshly about Scott Paper. Why now is he pointing fingers at everything BUT the problem...and what makes him an expert on the subject?

• jenny fumblebum
      August 17, 2014 - 09:34

its funny how people shoot off about the mill but certainly dont mind accepting the money we spend in the community. there is a restaurant in the town of pictou thats petitioning the mill but delivers food to the mill all the time oh my god these hypocrites drive me crazy .

• jenny fumblebum