NEW GLASGOW – The Pictou County Weeks Crushers swapped spots with the Yarmouth Mariners as they jumped eight spots in the CJHL weekly Top 20 rankings.
The Mariners fell to 19th after no games last week.
The AJHL's Fort McMurray Oil Barons spend another week as the CJHL's top ranked team, but for the first time in over a year the Brooks Bandits, in the midst of a three game losing streak, have fallen out of the Top 20.
The Spruce Grove Saints on the other hand, with fifteen wins in a row, have moved up into the Top 5 at No. 4 this week. In the competitive North Division of the AJHL, the Whitecourt Wolverines remain close to the top of standings and have earned an Honorary Mention.
The Powell River Kings remain at the top of the Island Division and the overall standings, but six teams are within four points of the Kings and the top spot in the BCHL.
- Read more special articles:
- Crushers bench boss says series sweep by Bearcats wasn’t expected
- MacLeod has no regrets as junior career ends
- Crushers must win Sunday night to continue season
- Crushers facing uphill climb in division final
Top 20 Rankings
1. Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL) (1)
2. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (2)
3. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (4)
4. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (6)
5. Powell River Kings (BCHL) (5)
6. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (3)
7. Buffalo Jr. Sabres (OJHL) (9)
8. Carleton Place Canadiens (CCHL) (10)
9. Melville Millionaires (SJHL) (17)
10. Toronto Lakeshore Patriots (OJHL) (16)
11. Weeks Crushers (MHL) (19)
12. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (HM)
13. Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (NOJHL) (14)
14. Wellington Dukes (OJHL) (12)
15. Thunder Bay North Stars (SIJHL) (13)
16. Selkirk Steelers (MJHL) (15)
17. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (18)
18. Yorkton Terriers (SJHL) (HM)
19. Yarmouth Jr. 'A' Mariners (MHL) (11)
20. Les Titans de Princeville (LHJAAAQ) (NR)
Honourable Mention: Merritt Centennials (BCHL), Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL), Estevan Bruins (SJHL), Les Montagnards de Sainte-Agathe (LHJAAAQ), Truro Bearcats (MHL).