CALGARY – The Pictou County Weeks Crushers won all three of their games over the weekend, but slipped five spots in the latest CJHL Top 20 rankings.
Their week started with a 5-3 victory at home on Thursday over the Valley Wildcats before their 5-4 overtime victory over the Yarmouth Mariners on Friday night.
Saturday they played the Wildcats in Kentville, winning 4-3.
This week they play their final game before the Christmas break against the Truro Bearcats who are ranked 19th in the nation this week.
The Dieppe Commandos were in 19th last week, but fell out of the Top 20 this week.
Top 20 Rankings
1. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (1)
2. Carleton Place Canadiens (CCHL) (2)
3. Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL) (3)
4. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (4)
5. Fort Frances Lakers (SIHL) (6)
6. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (9)
7. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (18)
8. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (10)
- Read more special articles:
- Crushers dominate Ramblers in statement game
- Crushers host Ramblers in preview of playoff matchup
- Parker named MHL's first star
- Crushers come from behind twice to drop Tigers
9. Humboldt Broncos (SJHL) (HM)
10. Toronto Lakeshore Patriots (OJHL) (8)
11. Selkirk Steelers (MJHL) (14)
12. Yorkton Terriers (SJHL) (7)
13. Thunder Bay North Stars (SIJHL) (15)
14. Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (NOHL) (13)
15. Pembroke Lumber Kings (CCHL) (11)
16. Powell River Kings (BCHL) (5)
17. Weeks Crushers (MHL) (12)
18. Aurora Tigers (OJHL) (16)
19. Truro Bearcats (MHL) (NR)
20. Les Pantheres de Saint Jerome (LHJAAAQ) (20)
Honourable Mention: Victoria Grizzlies (BCHL), Brooks Bandits (AJHL), Okotoks Oilers (AJHL), Melville Millionaires (SJHL) and Minnesota Iron Rangers (SIJHL).