© Ryan Cooke - TC Media
Newcomer Harrison Wood battles with his former teammate, Brad Power, over a loose puck in the slot. Wood was dealt to the Crushers on Monday, after spending three seasons with the Capitals.
The Summerside Western Capitals blanked the Pictou County Weeks Crushers 3-0 Saturday night in Summerside, the first time the Crushers have been shutout this season.
After a scoreless first period, Thomas Stavert opened the scoring at 2:59 of the second to give the Western Capitals a 1-0 lead.
Malik Johnson (powerplay) scored at the 2:00 mark of the third to extend the lead to 2-0. Cavan Fitzgerald (shorthanded, empty net) rounded out the scoring at 19:16.
- Read more special articles:
- Crushers bench boss says series sweep by Bearcats wasnâ€™t expected
- MacLeod has no regrets as junior career ends
- Crushers must win Sunday night to continue season
- Crushers facing uphill climb in division final
Summerside went 1 for 3 on the powerplay while Pictou County went 0 for 3.
Simon-Pier Chamberland stopped all 37 shots for the shutout win while Brandon Thibeau stopped 35 of 37 shots in the loss.