© Gary Manning photo
Colby Tower picked up a goal in the Wildcats 3-2 win over the Crushers on Saturday
The Valley Jr A Wildcats defeated the Pictou County Weeks Crushers 3-2 Saturday night in Kentville.
Nick Parker opened the scoring at 5:07 to give the Crushers a 1-0 lead. Brad Ryckman (unassisted) scored at 15:12 to tie the game at 1-1 after the first period.
Colby Tower scored 23 seconds into the middle frame to give the Wildcats a 2-1 lead after the second period.
- Read more special articles:
- Crushers bench boss says series sweep by Bearcats wasn‚Äôt expected
- MacLeod has no regrets as junior career ends
- Crushers must win Sunday night to continue season
- Crushers facing uphill climb in division final
Brady Atwater (game winner) scored at 10:53 to extend the lead to 3-1. Brandon Parsons scored at 13:28 to cut the lead to 3-2 but that would be as close as the Crushers would get.
Valley went 0 for 3 on the powerplay while Pictou County went 0 for 5.
Blade Mann-Dixon stopped 32 of 34 shots for the win, while Brandon Thibeau stopped 28 of 31 shots in the loss.