The Pictou County Weeks Crushers defeated the Truro Bearcats 4-1 Saturday night in Truro.
Brandon Parsons led the Crushers with a goal and an assist, while Evan Carmody and Garret Holmes collected two assists each.
After a scoreless first period, Tyler Doyle opened the scoring at the 4:40 mark of the second to give the Crushers a 1-0 lead. Parsons (game winner) scored at 15:45 to extend the lead to 2-0 after the second period.
JP Harvey (power play) scored 45 seconds into the third period to increase the lead to 3-0. Daniel Poliziani scored at 13:16 to get the Bearcats on the scoreboard. Nick Parker (empty net) rounded out the scoring at 19:27.
- Read more special articles:
- Crushers bench boss says series sweep by Bearcats wasnâ€™t expected
- MacLeod has no regrets as junior career ends
- Crushers must win Sunday night to continue season
- Crushers facing uphill climb in division final
Pictou County went 1 for 4 on the power play while Truro went 0 for 2.
Brandon Thibeau stopped 28 of 29 shots for the win while Chris Festarini stopped 21 of 24 shots in the loss.
The Crushers now lead the season series 3-2. They play each other again on Thursday at the Wellness Centre.