The Pictou County Weeks Crushers defeated the Campbellton Tigers 3-2 Saturday night in New Glasgow.
Garret Holmes led the Crushers with two assists while Sam Castonguay led the Tigers with one goal and one assist.
Castonguay (unassisted) opened the scoring at 10:32 to give the Tigers a 1-0 lead. David Stephens scored at 13:13 to tie the game at 1-1 after the first period.
Patrick Durgy scored at 6:17 to regain the lead for Campbellton at 2-1 after the second period.
- Read more special articles:
- Crushers bench boss says series sweep by Bearcats wasnât expected
- MacLeod has no regrets as junior career ends
- Crushers must win Sunday night to continue season
- Crushers facing uphill climb in division final
Tanner McCabe scored at 2:20 to even the score at 2-2. Nick Parker (game winner) scored at 13:18 for the win.
Pictou County went 0 for 3 on the power play while Campbellton went 0 for 5.
Brandon Thibeau stopped 23 of 25 shots for the win while Alexis Paiement stopped 28 of 31 shots in the loss.