TRURO – The Truro Bearcats continue to roll.
The Bearcats pasted the Pictou County Weeks Crushers 7-2 on Thursday night in Game 2 of the Maritime Hockey League Eastlink Division final series.
Truro leads the best-of-seven affair 2-0 and will host Game 3 on Saturday at the Rath Eastlink Community Centre, beginning at 7 p.m.
Brandon Boutilier and Tyler Morrison each scored a goal and added two assists in Thursday’s lopsided victory, as the Bearcats reeled off their sixth staright playoff win in front of 1,344 fans.
- Read more special articles:
- Crushers bench boss says series sweep by Bearcats wasn’t expected
- MacLeod has no regrets as junior career ends
- Crushers must win Sunday night to continue season
- Crushers facing uphill climb in division final
Brandon Bazinet, Jacob Smith, Brandon Pye, Kyle Tibbo and Jordan Wentzell added single markers for Truro, which led 2-0 after one period and 4-0 after 40 minutes.
Garrett Lambke and Nick Parker replied for the Crushers.
Bearcats goalie Chris Festarini made 19 saves, while Truro shooters peppered Crushers netminder Devan Tremblay with 41 shots.