NEW GLASGOW – Last night the Pictou County Weeks Crushers announced that they had traded 20-year-old defenceman Mitchell Shewfelt to the Summerside Western Capitals in exchange for 19-year-old forward Evan Morrison and future considerations.
“We have depth on the blue-line and with the addition of Justin McDonald we were able to complete a deal and get a character player in return,” said Crushers assistant coach Chad McDavid in a release.
- Read more special articles:
- Crushers move MacEachern to Chilliwack Chiefs
- Weeks Crushers happy with results at MHL draft
- Aces select Shewfelt, MacEachen in expansion draft
- Dewtie, MacLaughlin named as Crushers territorial picks
Morrison, from Launching, P.E.I., spent last season playing for the New Hampshire Jr. Monarchs of the EJPHL. In 23 games he had 11 goals and 28 points.
This trade comes just days before the MHL draft, which is taking place on Saturday in Summerside at 1 p.m.