ST. STEPHEN – Tuesday night both Andrew Shewfelt and Ryan MacEachen were acquired from Pictou County by the St. Stephen County Aces in the MHL’s expansion draft.
The first-year franchise, slated to begin play this September, selected 14 forwards, five defencemen and two goaltenders from the other 11 MHL clubs.
Each team lost two players with the exception of the Truro Bearcats, on whom the Aces utilized a pass in the second round.
- Read more special articles:
- Lyle, Murphy commit to Crushers
- Crushers acquire Cobbold from Brooks Bandits
- Crushers move MacEachern to Chilliwack Chiefs
- Weeks Crushers happy with results at MHL draft
The age breakdown of the players selected was one entering his 17-year-old season, 10 players entering their 18-year-old season, eight players entering their 19-year-old season and two players entering their 20-year-old season.
Next up for the MHL is the AGM and entry draft, set to take place this Friday and Saturday in Charlottetown, P.E.I.