SUMMERSIDE – Monday afternoon the Weeks Crushers defeated the Summerside Western Capitals 3-2 to keep pace with the Truro Bearcats atop the MHL’s Eastlink Division.
Both clubs have played 45 games, with Truro currently holding top spot with 66 points.
Nick Parker opened the scoring for the Crushers with 3:29 remaining in the first period to give Pictou County a 1-0 lead after the one period.
Joey Colatarci tied the game 1:34 into the second. Mitchell Deruelle gave the Crushers the lead again seven minutes later, before Blaize Bridges scored to tie the game 2-2.
- Read more special articles:
- Crushers bench boss says series sweep by Bearcats wasn’t expected
- MacLeod has no regrets as junior career ends
- Crushers must win Sunday night to continue season
- Crushers facing uphill climb in division final
Deruelle’s second of the game 16:22 into the second was the eventual game-winning goal as neither team scored in the third.
Brandon Thibeau made 28 saves for his 21st win of the season, while Simon-Pier Chamberland took the loss for the Summerside.