The Pictou District Women’s Institute donated handmade quilts to the Aberdeen Hospital’s maternity unit as well as the IWK Children’s Hospital.
The quilt project was started this fall by WI members across the district and resulted in 150 children’s quilts being donated to two hospitals. Women’s Institutes of Nova Scotia is a community-based volunteer organization, active since 1913. It continues to be one of the largest women’s organization and has 10 branches in Pictou County. The first branch was formed in Salt Springs in 1913.