Are you thinking of giving your walls a fresh coat of paint this spring?
Having a hard time deciding what colours to choose? Here are some tips for selecting the perfect shades.
- Decide on the room’s entire look before selecting your paint. This will allow you to really pull the room together with colour.
- Once you’ve settled on the design of a room and chosen the furniture and accessories, take inspiration from a colour featured in a favourite area rug or throw. This will ensure your room looks pulled together.
- If you’re painting rooms that open into each other, make the transition seamless by choosing colours that are two or three shades apart on the same paint chip.
- Choose a neutral paint for rooms where something else is the focal point. Bold hues work best in rooms where everything else is understated.
- A tiny paint chip isn’t enough to let you know if the colour will work in a given room. Instead, buy a sample and paint a small area so you can see the colour during different times of the day.
No matter your style, following these tips will help you find the perfect new colour for your walls.