Top News

Pictou fire caused by electrical problem

The cause of the fire Wednesday has been determined to be electrical.
The cause of the fire Wednesday has been determined to be electrical.

PICTOU – An accidental electrical fire is being blamed for destruction of a Pictou business.

Pictou Fire Chief Paul Janes said the fire marshal visited the scene at Vernon D’Eon Lobster Plugs Wednesday and it has been ruled that an accidental electrical fire started in the back of the store.

Pictou Fire Chief Paul Janes said the fire marshal visited the scene at Vernon D’Eon Lobster Plugs Wednesday and it has been ruled that an accidental electrical fire started in the back of the store.

Six fire departments responded to a 911 call at 5 a.m. Wednesday to the Water Street, Pictou store that had been engulfed in smoke. Firefighters were on scene for about three hours and the building was destroyed as a result of the fire. It has since been boarded up.

Janes said one of the members of the Pictou department was taken to hospital with burns on his wrist from excessive heat. He has since been released and is recovering well.

Recent Stories