PICTOU, N.S. - By land or sea, The News will be offering full coverage of the #No Pipe Land and Sea rally July 6 with up to the minute online coverage.
Our reporters will be following the march through the streets of Pictou to the Hector Quay Marina and offer coverage from Pictou Harbour as we sail into rally with local fishermen.
Friends of the Northumberland, in conjunction with local fishermen, are inviting people to express their concern over Northern Pulp’s plans to place a pipe in the Northumberland Strait that will pump treated effluent into local waters. Speakers for the rally include local representatives Friends of the Northumberland, the Northumberland Fishermen’s Association as well as environmental activists. Pictou County Musician Dave Gunning will also perform.
- Northern Pulp must find new route for treated effluent pipe
- "No pipe" protest forging new alliances along Northumberland Strait
- Northumberland Strait fishermen not willing to gamble on pipe
- Northern Pulp employees putting their faith in science and company owners
- Pictou County residents and business owners share common concerns about proposed effluent pipe