Pictou County Athletics (PCA) win the team portion of the Atlantic track and field championships, held July 13-14 in Moncton, N.B.
It was the fifth straight year PCA won the event. The club finished with 693.5 points, and in second place was A.S.E.A. (of Moncton), with 419 points.
Following is a list of how Pictou County Athletes did at the 2019 Atlantic track and field championships:
• Amelia MacCallum was fifth in the U14 80m (12.21 seconds), third in the U14 150 event (22.86) and fifth in the U14 shot put (6.13m).
• Ellen Coffin was first in the U20 100m sprint (15.41), fourth in the 200m (32.52) and third in the U20 long jump (3.88m).
• Sarah Brown was fourth in the U16 00m (13.92)
• Piper Findlay was fifth in the girls U10 150m (28.07) and fourth in the U300m (1:05.61).
• Cara MacDonald was first in the U16 300m (42.30) and second in the 800m (2:17.16).
• Chloe Ferguson was sixth in the U12 600m (2:16.09).
• Kristen Ross was second in the U18 800m (2:20.90) and second in the 1500m (4:51.78). Allie Sandluck was fifth (5:09.33), and fourth in the U6 2000m event (11:01.24).
• Danielle McKay was third in the U20 3000m race (5:59.36).
• Breanna Sandluck was first in the Senior 3000m (11:09.65).
• Mattea Miller-Evans was third in the U16 80m hurdles (15.63).
• Ann Findlay was first in the Masters division 80m hurdles (15.38) and first in the Masters shot put (8.45m).
• The women’s 4X100m relay team (mixed ages) from Pictou County Athletics finished first (1:01.95).
• The Senior women’s squad was first in the 4X100 relay (59.82).
• The PCA 4X400 mixed ages relay team placed first (5:09.34), the Senior team was first with a time of 5:00.07.
• Mattea Miller-Evans was second in the U16 high jump (1.53m).
• Megan Graham was third in the Senior long jump (4.89m).
• Hailie Eisen was second in the U16 shot put (7.41m) and second in the hammer toss (23.05m).
• Keighan DeCoff was first in the U18 shot put (13.45m), first in the U18 discus (32.12m) and first in the Masters hammer toss (41.13).
• Heath Miller placed fourth in the U20 shot put (7.50m), Tracey Ferguson was fifth (6.70m) and Anita Carty was sixth (6.53m). Miller also was second the U20 discus (23.82m).
• Jordyn Ferguson was first in the U15 discus event (23.29m), first in the U20 hammer toss (28.50).
• Anita Carty was fourth in the Masters discus (15.35m), Tracey Ferguson was fifth (14.92m) and Joyce Simpson was sixth (13.95).
• Alyssa Fortune was third in the U14 javelin (10.79m).
• Emma MacKeil placed third in the U14 javelin (10.79m).
• Jordyn Ferguson was second in the U15=6 javelin (26.67m) and Hailie Eisen was third (23.28m).
• Jenna Reid was first in the U20 javelin (40.80m), and Heath Miller was second (39.90m).
• Ann Findlay placed second in the Masters javelin (20.89m), Anita Carty was fourth (15.12m).
• Paul Layes was ninth in the U10 60m (11.37).
• Ryan Hislop was ninth in the U12 80m (13.78) and tenth in the U12 100m (26.14).
• Dawson Chisholm was first in the 100m mixed ages event (12.94) and first in the 400m (59.98).
• John Luke Taylor was first in the U18 100m event (11.77), and first in the U18 200m (23.69).
• Gavin MacCallum was eighth in the U10 150m event (27.67), Paul Layes finished ninth (28.25). MacCallum was fourth in the U10 300m event.
• Lagan Horton was eighth in the U18 400m (1:00.11).
• Conrad Robertson was third in the U16 800m (2:20.30).
• Ethan MacDonald finished first in the U18 1500m race (4:14.69) and second in the mixed ages 3000m race (9:21.35).
• Hunter Francis was first in the U20 3000m (10:47.02), Jonah MacEachern was second
(10:56.92). MacEachern was second in the mixed ages 1500m event (4:56.96), and Francis was third (5:00.32).
• Conrad Robertson was first in the mixed ages 5000m (20:03.57) and fourth in the U16 1500m steeplechase.
• Dave MacLennan was first in the Masters 5000m (19:27.71).
• Breton MacDonnell was second in the U19 100m hurdles (20.56).
• Dawson Chisholm was third in the U20 110m hurdles (20.84).
• Pictou County Athletics was first in the mixed ages 4X100 relay (1:00.91), first in the U20 relay (1:00.97), first in the Masters 4X100 (1:15.66), first in the 4X400 mixed ages relay (4:41.39), and first in the U20 4X400 (4:00.73).
• Alec Bates was first in the U16 high jump (1.65m).
• Lagan Horton was fourth in the U18 high jump (1.60m), Breton MacDonnell was fifth (1.50m).
• Bret Claveau-Corbin was first in the U20 high jump (1.90m) and third in the U20 triple jump.
• Logan Coulet was first in the Senior high jump (21.95m), first in the mixed ages Triple Jump (11.09m).
• Lagan Horton was second in the U18 long jump (5.62m), Breton MacDonnell was fifth (5.08m).
• Bret Claveau-Corbin was third in the U20 long jump (6.43m), Jonah MacEachern was fourth (4.19m).
• Gavin MacCallum was third in the U10 shot put (5.86m), Ryan Hislop was third in the U12 shot put (5.73m).
• Hunter Francis was second in the U20 shot put (6.95m).
• Alan Simpson was second in the Masters shot put (8.34m), Pat Carty was fourth (6.4m). Simpson was fourth in the Masters discus (22.13m), Carty was sixth (18.06m). Simpson finished second in the hammer toss (18.20m), Carty was third (18.15m). Carty was also fifth in the Masters javelin (17,91m).
• Paul Layes was sixth in the U10 softball throw (20.17m).